Associate Clinical Nurse Manager at Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington), 2DHB Hutt Valley & Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Locations: Working across Wellington, Hutt Valley and Kapiti Region
Contract: Permanent Full time
Salary: As per MECA
Kōrero mō te tūranga ' About the role
The Associate Charge Nurse Manager will work closely with the Team Leader to support the implementation of organisation initiative and day to day management of all areas of care and to ensure a safe patient journey. The Associate Charge Nurse Manager will participate in any changes of process and quality improvement and are to provide a culturally appropriate service which is responsive to the need of clients and their whanau.
Mō tō mātou rōpū ' About our team
Te Whare O Matairangi is a 24 hour mental health assessment and treatment acute inpatient service for adults aged from 18 years. The service is located at the Wellington Regional Hospital.
The unit has 3 areas:
- Te Taha Tauira is TWOM's 18 bed secure, locked area.
- Whakatau Wairua is a low-stimulus, de-escalation area located within Te Taha Tauira.
- Te Taha Manaaki is TWOM's 12 bed area which is unlocked during the day.
Te Whare O Matairangi is Multi-Disciplinary comprising of Medical Officers, Registered Nurses, Social Workers and Occupational Therapists
Moū ' About you
We are looking for someone who is able to work independently with proven expertise in co-ordination and team leadership skills. The ideal candidate will have experience and skills in care management, risk assessment and crisis management with the ability to have effective work relationships with staff and management.
- Are you ready for a change?
- Want to make difference?
- Are you a dynamic experienced Registered Nurse looking for a challenge?
- Do you want to work in a team where no two days are the same?
Look no further, we are seeking an experienced registered nurses who have:
- Post registration in Mental Health
- Registered with New Zealand Nursing Council
- Meet police vetting requirements
- Have a current practising certificate
- Full NZ driving license
- A commitment to team work with an ability to participate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience working in a mental health acute inpatient unit
- Able to provide a high standard of care to our clients
- Are on the PDRP pathway
- Leadership skills
- Good sense of humour
- Are able to liaise with a variety of other services both within the DHB and in the community
- Familiar with Trendcare
What we offer to you:
- The opportunity to work in a diverse and supportive team.
- Through our values here at MHAIDs, we are proud of our teams diversity, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve with best outcomes for the clients and the local communities in which we operative and serve
- A genuine commitment to flexible working arrangements
- A great orientation package
- Opportunities for ongoing training and development
- A great team of clinician's to work with
If you are an overseas nurse interested in moving to NZ, the process involves:
- Contact the Nursing Council of NZ and Immigration NZ
- Ask us about how we support you and your family moving
About our organisation
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB's and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region ' greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
Here at CCDHB we embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
CCDHB/HVDHB are pro-equity Health Organisations, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples. and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us, click on the following links:
Why chose to work in Wellington? What's special about Wellington you may ask?
Wellington is renowned for its creative and cultural heart, Wellington is home to the national museum Te Papa Tongarewa, award-winning eateries, love of coffee, regional wine and craft beer, and boasts a jam-packed events calendar.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
We require all our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an approved vaccine, including have had one booster vaccination. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington)|
|Location:||2DHB Hutt Valley & Wellington|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.