Senior Advisor - Governance and Appointments at The Treasury, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Exciting opportunity to work with significant NZ commercial entities, build relationships with director candidates and influence chairs, boards and Ministers.
- Opportunity to work with some of NZ's biggest companies and entities across multiple sectors
- Variety and flexibility, liaising with chairs and directors within a high-profile environment
- Join our highly collaborative, skilled and supportive team
Mō mātou | About Us
At Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, we are committed to Tiakitanga to make Aotearoa a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand's finances and are the Government's trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders.
The Governance and Appointments team is responsible for providing advice to Ministers who are responsible for making board appointments, and liaising with Chairs, directors, and candidates about board appointments and governance of more than 40 SOEs, Crown Companies and other entities.
Kōrero mō te tūranga | About the Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Advisor to join us in this permanent role. This role would suit someone with executive recruitment or talent management experience and/ or history working in a similar governance or appointments-based role.
In this role you will lead our advice to Ministers and our engagement with the Boards. This will be in relation to skills and capabilities, board succession planning, performance and policy for best governance practice and diversity and talent management. In this role you will also work alongside the commercial performance and financial institutions teams who monitor the performance of these entities to understand their strategic direction, performance and commercial issues. Our entities operate in a broad range of sectors and include SOEs such as Kordia, Transpower and Landcorp, and organisations like Radio NZ and TVNZ, ACC and EQC.
Ō pūmanawa | About You
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Strong relationship management skills and credibility to engage with and influence senior decision makers
- A drive for results and the ability to manage multiple processes at once
- Experience in a recruitment environment (or similar) and talent management, ideally working with senior individuals
- A solid understanding of governance and the role of boards (preferable)
- Proficiency in report writing/providing written analysis, preferably in the public service context.
In order to understand the needs of entities, you'll need commercial acumen, including being able to understand the current and future strategic direction of entities, the industries they operate in, how they compare to their peers, and their risks and opportunities. A strong understanding of entities will allow you to advise on appointment of directors with the appropriate experience, skills and diverse capabilities to help drive greater performance, and to advise on broader governance issues.
Ko ngā hua | What we Offer
- A commitment to providing work and training opportunities that support your development and career aspirations
- The opportunity to work in a supportive and high-performing team that is focused on individual and team development, constructive debate and collective impact
- A collaborative work environment where you will interact with a range of people, within the group, in the wider Treasury and with a large range of external stakeholders
- A workplace that values diversity and inclusion and recognises the value of your lived experiences
- Flexible work arrangements and encouragement to enjoy a positive work/life balance with and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- 5 weeks annual leave for permanent full-time employees (pro-rated for part-time employees)
Tono mai ināianei | Apply Now
Please see the Job Description for further detail or for more information please contact Stella Kotrotsos (Acting Manager, Governance and Appointments) Stella.Kotrotsos@treasury.govt.nz
Rā kati | Applications close: Monday 15th August. All applications must be made online. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Job Description_Senior Advisor_Governance and Appointments.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.