Physiotherapist - General Surgery (Permanent - Part-Time) at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Contribute to our Physiotherapy – General Surgery team in a permanent, part-time role
- Supportive, friendly multidisciplinary team with great on-boarding and on-going support
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced NZ Registered Physiotherapist join our general surgery team working in static role. Based at Auckland City Hospital this is a permanent, part-time position (20 hours/week).
- Manage a clinical caseload providing comprehensive and evidence-based care to general surgery and renal/liver transplant patients
- Opportunity to be involved in supervising juniors and students
- Being prepared to take on delegated responsibilities from the practice supervisor as required
- You may also be required to participate in our weekend and on-call roster
- Work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary bicultural environment
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- New Zealand registration as a Physiotherapist with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 3+ years years of clinical experience working in a hospital setting. Acute surgical experience advantageous.
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Evidence of establishing and developing working relationships within the wider MDT
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- A flexible, pro-active approach with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the acute hospital environment
Here is a video that will give you insight to this role
For more information about this role please contact Hannah Zuhir (Clinical Lead Physiotherapy – Clinical Support) on HannahZ@adhb.govt.nz
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
- On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities
- Professional development programme to support your development
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
- Meaningful support and orientation to your practice contexts with robust opportunities for critical reflection on practice, including peer review and professional supervision
- Thorough orientation with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Monday, 15 August 2022 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Immigration / Visa Support
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health and Technical MECA 2018-2020)
Salary Range: Step 3 $71,299 to Step 7 $76,571 (Depending on experience)
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB15038 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.