Kaiwhakahaere Kaupapa | Project Manager (12-month Fixed Term) at Statistics NZ, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Play your part in contributing to meaningful outcomes, About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Mōu | For you
Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health, and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, ethnicity, ability, religion, age, and background.
We have entered an exciting period of transition and change within our Collection Operations Team, and we need someone with project management experience to support us to drive through some of the required change around our structures, processes and operating model. This is a 12-month fixed term role with the opportunity to get immersed in our work and operate collaboratively with an outstanding team who will support you to develop your project management expertise. This is an ideal role for a developing or aspiring Project Manager.
Salary range: $ 86,600 - $117,164
Te tūnga | The role
This role is fixed term, ideally based in Auckland, but will have significant flexibility to WFH. Reporting to the General Manager - Collection Operations, your focus will be to provide additional support to develop and implement initiatives that result from the ongoing Future of Collection Operations change/implementation work. This is not a technical project manager role, and we see you bringing a strong people and management focus to our team. We are looking for someone with enthusiasm to get involved, a critical and organized mind and who is confident to own, plan, build and communicate collaborative solutions. You'll build strong relationships with leaders and staff across Collection Operations as well as build collaborative relationships across the wider organization and with external stakeholders.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
To be successful in this role, you will need to bring:
- Good organisation and planning capability, project management experience/qualifications will be well regarded however, we are also open to applicants who have more junior level experience and are looking to take the next step.
- Firm collaborative approach to working with others which will ensure the right results for all stakeholders.
- Flexible, agile approach and the confidence to operate in a fast-moving environment.
- Comfortable working in both a non-structured and structured way.
- Confidence to work with, find and recommend solutions to senior leaders.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (including presentation skills) and ability to develop, maintain and enhance relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work with leaders and staff at all levels of the organisation in a high-change environment.
- Knowledge/familiarity or a commitment to learning/understanding Te Ao Māori, in order to understand and contribute meaningful work and outcomes for Māori
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., cultural, community work, sports, volunteering, or a similar role in a different sector or industry.
Ko mātou |About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistical outputs to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs, and New Zealanders make every day. This role is based within our Collection Operations Team, which is a nationally based team of around 400 staff who collect the data New Zealand needs.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We encourage you to be you in your application! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability. You don't need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning. And please let us know in your application if we need to make any specific accommodations during our process.
Please reach out to us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes (depending on application numbers this date may change). You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video.
Check out our careers site to find out more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, do not contact the Hiring Manager directly, instead reach out to email@example.com
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job. Pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Project Manager PD (Collection Ops) - AUGUST 2022.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.