Assurance Advisor - Christchurch at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
- Permanent full-time position
- Central Christchurch Based
- Flexible working hours, between 6am-6pm Monday - Friday
- Starting salary of $69,369
About the role:
As an Assurance Advisor you will be responsible for the integrity and compliance environment in the Christchurch visa processing site. This will include the management of code of conduct, integrity issues, operational policy related issues, risk registers and office audit processes.
You will be required to deliver results in areas such as the following:
- Conducting internal office audits and providing assurance to the Practice Lead, Head of Operations, and local managers
- Reporting results in a timely manner
- Adhering to a work programme that delivers on INZ strategic and operational risk and assurance priorities
- Coordinating the site risk register and supporting managers and staff to better understand and manage risk
- Ensuring the design of internal systems and controls are robust to mitigate risk of internal corruption
You will effectively contribute to essential risk management across the business and lead integrity awareness in the Christchurch site with your eye for detail, proven analytical skills, and sound judgement ability. Your strong moral compass will lead you to ‘act with integrity’ in all you undertake and use this to make a positive difference to our site’s assurance of risk and integrity.
About Christchurch Office
Christchurch office is one of Immigration New Zealand’s largest visa processing sites, encompassing a fast-paced visa operations site where we process a range of temporary entry work and residence class visas. The variety of teams, systems, and workstreams provides an extensive operating environment that requires quality assurance monitoring and outcome analysis.
About MBIE/Immigration New Zealand
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand's economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Immigration New Zealand has an active role in this by bringing the best people New Zealand needs to prosper. The role of Assurance Advisor will report within the Border and Visa Operations division, and Visa Operations is the main processing and operational arm of INZ.
Skills and experience required:
- An understanding of the visa processing environment.
- Computing literacy and aptitude in MS Office applications, and technology generally.
- Experience in the frameworks and tools suited to effective assurance within high volume, high integrity environments.
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information or areas of work.
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships.
- Good communication skills including the ability to write succinctly and think critically about an issue, with any implications made explicit.
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and staff.
- The ability to assess, collate and analyse information so that it is clear what the issue is, how it affects the delivery of services, what has happened previously, and identify what possible solutions or interventions could be deployed.
- The ability to gain and maintain a national security clearance to the required level.
- Must be a NZ citizen or hold a permanent residence class visa.
- Relevant tertiary qualification or extensive and comparable relevant experience is preferred but not essential.
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Māia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga I waenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāi wi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga mā ngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēnei āheinga.
Exceptional opportunity to develop your career and be part of a dymanic team within Immigration New Zealand.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.