Legal Secretary at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Varied and interesting work
- Challenging role and good work environment
- High level of satisfaction
At Te Whatu Ora – Health
Te whiwhinga mahi | The
As a Legal Secretary, you will be responsible for providing high level secretarial/administration support to our team of lawyers as well as being the liaison between the Coronial Service and the legal team, and between the legal team and the clinical directors and report writers.
Other key responsibilities:
- General correspondence and other written communication. In particular, you will be liaising on a daily basis with the Coronial Office and with Clinical Directors and Clinicians throughout the organisation.
- Establish and maintain electronic and paper office files and records. Archiving of files.
- Maintain office systems that operate effectively and efficiently. Continually review processes to maintain delivery and costs.
- Take action necessary to meet the day to day operating needs of the office (such as ordering stationary supplies and other general office management duties as required).
- Ensure team members are prepared for meetings.
- Assist with PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist with the preparation of reports or significant court documents as/when required.
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description here.
Essential skills needed for this role include proficiency in IT systems, a high standard of communication, attention to detail and time management. Together with a strong understanding of legal procedures, an excellent knowledge of legal terminology and ability to prioritise deadlines and team goals are also required.
Essential to this role:
- Minimum of 5 years + in a similar role supporting lawyers or managers
- Demonstrate proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships
- Extensive diary and email management skills
- Proficient organisational and time management skills, including the ability to multi task and prioritise
- Produce high quality and accurate documentation, demonstrating a keen eye for quality and attention to detail
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand.
For more information on what we offer, click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
To view details about our recruitment process, click here.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Belinda Peddie - Recruitment Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can best support your application.
If we receive a high number of applications for this position, we may have to close our advertising early. We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to Residency. Candidates who are offered a position with Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, who require a Work Visa - Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand will provide support with their Visa application. For more information please refer to .
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.