Manager External Engagement, NZ Income Insurance Scheme at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Government is continuing to explore the New Zealand Income Insurance Scheme and believes it could play an important role in protecting workers and incomes, match skills where they are needed and help communities and industries during economic shocks and transitions. This would be a significant change to enhance the lives of New Zealanders and continued work is needed to carry out pre-implementation planning.
We are looking for leaders to join us and drive this planning and preparation phase. This is an exciting time to join the team and influence a significant work programme that will make a real difference to New Zealand.
Te āhua o Te Tūrunga - The nature of the role
The Manager, External Engagement will work within the New Zealand Income Insurance Scheme (NZIIS) implementation team to shape, develop, lead, and deliver NZIIS's External Engagement Strategy and workplan, during the design and implementation phases of the Scheme to ensure New Zealanders are clear on the purpose and benefits of the new scheme, and that customers are clear on how to engage with the scheme when needed.
The role is responsible for leading the strategic direction for external engagement, supporting the development of a brand identity for NZIIS, delivering broader public awareness activities, as well as specific targeted customer engagement strategies, aligned to the NZIIS delivery plan.
The role is a member of the NZIIS leadership team, responsible for ensuring external engagement requirements are effectively represented within the programme of work, any agreed external engagement approaches are effectively adopted, and desired external engagement outcomes are delivered.
Ngā tino Pūkenga/Wheako - Skills & Experience Required
- Demonstrated experience in leading the design, implementation and management of communications and marketing strategy and plans within a complex organisation
- Significant senior-level experience in leading high-performing communications and engagement teams, including high levels of competency in social media, digital and media engagement; issues management; stakeholder engagement; and public awareness campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in a complex programme of work, ensuring interdependencies are managed and multiple streams of work are integrated to deliver required outcomes.
- Proven performance in the application of the Te Tiriti o Waitangi for the design of communication and engagement strategies ideally with a track record of effective engagement with Māori and equity groups.
- A proven track record of creating and managing successful partnerships with a wide range of internal and external bodies to canvass views and experience, build trust and confidence, and deliver a holistic approach to customer access and service.
A full position description for this role can be found here.
Working at ACC
At ACC, we recognise that diversity, inclusion, and accessibility is important to our business. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals.
We welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga
If you have further questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 12 August 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.