New Zealand Growth Capital Partners Limited Director at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
On behalf of Shareholding Ministers
On behalf of Shareholding Ministers, the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment is seeking expressions of interest from suitably experienced candidates for the role of Director, New Zealand Growth Capital Partners Limited (NZGCP).
The objective of NZGCP is to stimulate a well-functioning capital market for early-stage technology companies. NZGCP are responsible for two investment vehicles; the Aspire NZ Seed Fund (Aspire Fund) and the Elevate NZ Venture Fund (Elevate Fund), which are designed to stimulate private investment into this space through co-investment and fund of funds models.
- A genuine interest in developing New Zealand’s early-stage investment market and helping early-stage companies grow.
- Previous experience on public sector boards.
- A strong understanding of the public sector.
- A good understanding of governance responsibilities and accountability under the Companies Act 1993 and the Crown Entities Act 2004
- An appreciation of the role of the Crown as an investor, and the need to maximise the value to New Zealand from Crown-funded investments.
- Risk and regulatory management experience.
- An understanding of Te Ao Māori and a strong connection to Māori business.
Candidates will be expected to have a genuine interest in the work of NZGCP, as well as the motivation and availability needed to be able to effectively carry out the role of Board Director.
This is a contestable process and applications will be assessed according to the skills and experience the Board requires at this particular time.
MBIE is committed to considering candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds, age, gender, ethnicity and geographic locations to enable the board to be high-performing.
Candidates wishing to put forward an expression of interest should enclose a copy of their CV and submit a cover letter outlining why they wish to be a Director of the NZGCP Board.
Please refer to the position description for more details.
Applications close on Wednesday, 17 August 2022.
For enquiries about the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Boards and Governance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.