Resource Worker at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Hawkes Bay
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Resource Worker - Casual - Hastings
$22.75 per hour
Join our casual kaimahi/staff team in Hastings and choose the hours that work for you! You will be part of a passionate, fun, and supportive team, carrying out meaningful work and making a difference where you can. If you passionate and committed to providing support to Aotearoa, New Zealand's tamariki and rangatahi and helping them to reach their best potential, then this could be the opportunity for you.
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About the role | Mō te tūnga
The purpose of this position is to undertake paid casual work as Resource Workers with clients of Oranga Tamariki. All work will be undertaken on a short-term contract basis and regular work is not guaranteed. Decisions regarding the allocation of tasks will be made by the key social worker in consultation with their supervisor.
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Supervising community work
- Working one-on-one with clients assisting them to achieve specific goals.
- Escorting our young people to Oranga Tamariki residencies and other placements
- Support work at Family Homes.
- Providing transport for the site and assisting with supervision.
- Attending family court where necessary to provide possible evidence in relation to Oranga Tamariki clients.
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
To be successful in this role, you will need to have experience of working with disaffected, disengaged and/or challenging tamariki and rangatahi and their whānau. You will need to have great engagement skills, can overcome barriers to engagement and are comfortable working in difficult and challenging environment.
Given the challenges of this work, this is not a 9 - 5 role. Evening and weekend work will be required and, if needed, support for tasks across the site.
- Having a desire and willingness to understand and meet or exceed clients' expectations.
- The ability to clearly convey thoughts and ideas effectively, listening, interpreting, formulating, and delivering verbal, non-vernal, written and/or electronic messages.
- You will need the ability to interact with and develop effective working relationships with a wide range of people in different situations.
- The desire to show cultural sensitivity, awareness and understanding of diversity.
- Capability to act in an honest, ethical, and professional manner.
Full driver's license required
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through, any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com
Applications close on 31st August 2022
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also support flexible working arrangements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Resource Worker PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.