Journey Manager at New Zealand Transport Agency, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Make an impact for our Northland transport system for our customers
- Connect and influence widely to keep customers front-and-centre in decisions
- Diverse role - combine a national focus and champion region topics
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As the Journey Manager, you will be at the forefront of our most complex issues involving customer journeys in your region. You'll look beyond the day-to-day operations of the transport system to influence and show leadership on behalf of all road users, creating a joined-up approach to how we make the most of the existing transport system, to continually improve experiences for our customers.
You'll be working collaboratively to create strong partnerships with local groups and councils to ensure our transport network plans align and communicating a deep understanding of how the transport system impacts our customers.
The team engage and collaborate to continuously improve how the transport system operates as a whole, and ensuring all regions are well prepared for responding to emergencies on a local and national scale.
As part of a national team that is dispersed around New Zealand, you will combine a national focus with deep knowledge of local issues and a strong local presence. This role will be based in Whangarei with a focus on the Northland region.
About you | Ko wai koe
You will lead, develop and promote transport system optimisation, working with operational teams to influence and continuously improve operations planning and delivery and support our response to regional or national emergencies.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Proven ability in leading and shaping outcomes through effective stakeholder and relationship management expertise with all aspects of society
- A passion for the Northland region and the outcomes of the people you will be working with
- Ability to effectively evaluate complex problems, identify options and provide well considered recommendations and advice
- Adept facilitator, able to work with technical experts to co-design, translate and deliver solutions applying a strong teaming approach
- Passion to coach and mentor to drive improved practice
- You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Our Journey Management team is part of our Transport Services group, delivering a transport system for safe and predictable journeys across the range of transport modes that people choose to use.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
View the Position Description
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Transport & Logistics|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.