Whaiora Whanau Lived Experience Director at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 2 years Fixed Term – with a view of possible extension
- Exciting New Position – Make it your own!
- Full-time (Mon- Fri)
Whaiora Whānau Lived Experience Director
Our Mental Health service within Te Toka Tumai offers a diverse range of services to children, adolescents and adults through inpatient, outpatient, home and community settings both locally and regionally.
Our services are provided via passionate and highly skilled multi-disciplinary teams which include psychiatrists, mental health nurses, clinical psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers and many other mental health experts. We’re fortunate to have an extremely engaged and collaborative team who, through their diverse skills and expertise, endeavour to create a welcoming environment for our clients and their whanau. We’re at the centre of an exciting period of innovation and development as we move increasingly with our partners across the continuum of mental health and wellbeing care.
In line with He Ara Awhina framework, our goal is a whānau dynamic mental health and addiction system and the shared perspective of equity, participation and leadership, access and options, safety and rights, connected care and effectiveness. In Te Toka Tumai this means ensuring we have lived experience at the strategic and directorate leadership level for collective accountability across specialist mental health programmes and systems.
About the Role
The role will, at the strategic level, work as part of our directorate leadership team to ensure that the voice of lived experience for whaiora and whānau is embedded in the design, delivery and evaluation of systems, processes, engagement and quality improvement mechanisms across the Mental Health and Addictions Directorate.
This role is broadly accountable for:
- Ensuring a lived experience perspective is prioritised
- Promoting the principle of engagement of whaiora and their whānau in their care and treatment across the mental health directorate
- Enhancing awareness and understanding of the latest developments and evidence in mental health & addiction service delivery and in relation to whaiora and whānau engagement
- Leading and monitoring the development and implementation of a comprehensive framework for lived experience engagement in service design, delivery and improvement initiatives
As such this role will help us ensure we meet the needs of whaiora and whānau , our Treaty obligations and to champion change that enables us to do this better in the future.
As the Whaiora Whānau Lived Experience Director you will guide and/or participate in key programmes and initiatives that aim to deliver significant health and well-being benefits to our whaiora and whānau by refining their health care experience.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of effective methods of ensure the voices and insights of our whaiora and whanau, ensuring co-design of strategies to improve health and well-being for individuals and communities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Tertiary Qualification
- 12-15 years lived experience
- At least 5 years of post graduate experience
- Strong connections and understanding of cultural communities, especially Māori and Pacific
- Understands the significance of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Extensive knowledge and perspective of Mental Health & service delivery from a lived experience of using services perspective
- People focussed with a compassionate inclusive lens
What we offer
In return, we offer you an opportunity for professional and personal development, support for your physical and mental wellbeing, staff benefits, and an opportunity to do your life’s best work at Auckland DHB and work with great leaders to have an impact on health outcomes for our community.
If you want to make a real difference in “essential health services” sector we would love to hear from you.
Please click ‘Apply’ below or visit our careers page www.careers.adhb.govt.nz quoting job reference number AUC15658. Please include your latest cv and cover letter.
For more information about your application please contact Olive Vallabh at OVallabh@adhb.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.