Programme and Commercial Manager Outcomes at New Zealand Transport Agency, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- True greenfield role - support improved commercials at the delivery level
- Partner with key stakeholders to optimise scheduling and commercial acumen
- Diverse and rewarding role that can be based nationally
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As part of the Commercial Team, the Programme and Commercial Manager Outcomes will take ownership of the programme level infrastructure delivery aspects to support improved commercials at the delivery level. This role provides strategic direction and leadership for Waka Kotahi to manage the overall delivery of the Transport Services Programme.
Working alongside the Programme and Project teams, you'll provide leadership and oversight across the key programme and scheduling workstreams through the systems design/infrastructure delivery. As the key interface with Waka Kotahi teams, you'll ensure that delivery is fully integrated with the organisation's strategies, plans and processes, including providing programme-level strategies, planning, scheduling and reporting, financial control, innovation and improvement.
You will deliver vital improvements to the project delivery business model, whilst also building collaborative relationships and work practices with an array of stakeholders, both internal and external.
About you | Ko wai koe
As our Programme and Commercial Manager Outcomes, you'll possess a high level of commercial acumen coupled with a proven ability in leading large and complex infrastructure programme and schedule delivery, coupled with analytical and conceptual thinking and ideally have a consulting or construction background.
With exceptional communication skills, you are a capable negotiator and influencer with the ability to present compelling insights and recommendations for a variety of audiences.
In addition, you will bring:
- Extensive experience in leading large and complex infrastructure programme and schedule delivery
- In-depth understanding of the government and regulatory environment.
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to manage external consultants in delivering robust programmes and schedules.
- Experience applying in-depth strategic analysis to complex issues.
- Highly effective planning and organizational skills, including time management and prioritizing work in a complex work environment.
- Practical working knowledge of effective programme and scheduling delivery strategies, practices and principles.
- Have a strong knowledge and ability in risk adjusted scheduling to deliver continuous improvement.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
This is a true greenfield opportunity where you will be able to make a tangible impact across programmes of work through creating efficiencies and the development of Waka Kotahi's commercial acumen leading to better delivery outcomes for Aotearoa.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Our Transport Services Group plan, design, build, operate and maintain an integrated transport system which reflects our plans and priorities and to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
View the Position Description
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Transport & Logistics|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.