Senior System Administrator at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
• Work in a great culture supporting systems and projects alongside a fun and professional customer focussed team
• A flexible and inclusive workplace with great partnerships across many teams and customers.
• Development opportunities
• Salary – $62,000 - $71,000 depending on experience
• Permanent full time based in Wellington CBD
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Systems Administrator with great people skills to join our supportive and friendly Finance Systems Team. The Senior System Administrator role is instrumental in maintaining the day-to-day operations of the financial systems to ensure the delivery of smooth and efficient systems support to our customers. This position takes a lead in the system administration of the finance systems, identifying potential issues and opportunities for improvements
• Maintain all user access and delegations within the systems that are managed by MBIE Finance and Performance team – for example Technology1 FMIS, Flexipurchase and TM1
• Monitor and manage the interfaces with the Finance System
• Assist the System Accountants with fault analysis
• Providing technical input and problem solving to resolve problems and issues
• Provide daily administration support for users of the Finance systems
• MBIE supports a wide range of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about what might work for both you and us.
Skills and experience required:
• Proven experience in undertaking systems administration in a medium to large organisation
• Knowledge of TechnologyOne is beneficial, but not essential
• Strong customer service experience and experience in continuous improvements
• The ability to work independently
• Attention to detail with high level of accuracy and well-developed numeracy skills
• Well-developed organisational and planning skills
• General technical knowledge of systems and data structures
• Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Māia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga I waenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāi wi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga mā ngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēnei āheinga.
This position takes a lead in the system administration of the finance systems, identifying potential issues and opportunities for improvements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.