Clinical Nurse Specialist - Burwood Day Clinic at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 0.5 FTE, fixed term until April 2023 to cover Parental Leave
- Clinical leadership role for an experienced registered nurse in Older Persons Mental Health
- A current NZ Nursing Registration and APC with a scope of practice that includes Mental Health
- Must either hold or be working towards a relevant post graduate qualification
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Older Persons Mental Health team at Burwood Hospital is seeking an ECT Clinical Nurse Specialist, with experience in Older Persons Mental Health to work alongside OPMH Staff and Consumers to ensure the safe provision of ECT. Your methodical, organised approach and exceptional interpersonal skills will see you succeed in this role as you coordinate, provide assessments, specific medical services to our consumers and further develop ECT services and processes. Working collaboratively within a small team, within a larger service you will be confident in your ability to work under pressure and build successful therapeutic relationships in this diverse and innovative role.
Pehea | About You
This part time role offers an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and motivated individual who is looking to expand their career pathway to take on a clinical leadership role. With your proven ability to lead, you will be an expert at developing and extending nursing practice, auditing, quality improvement, and providing overall clinical expertise and mentorship within the team with specific emphasis on ECT, enabling them to continue to deliver a high standard of care.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- A Registered Nurse who is passionate about providing specialised care, enhancing ECT service delivery with the ultimate goal of renown as a centre of excellence
- Experienced, Nurse, Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC - must include scope for Mental Health Nursing.
- Adhere to guidelines of Cultural Safety and the Treaty of Waitangi
- Motivated and flexible self-starter with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Expert clinical nursing knowledge and leadership ability.
- Extensive experience working within Older persons mental health is essential ' you will hold a relevant post graduate qualification or be working towards one, and have a least three years post graduate experience in Older persons mental health.
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
- As a role model it is expected you will engage with nursing staff and members of Multi-Disciplinary Teams to ensure effective relationships are developed and maintained, therefore your integrity, excellent interpersonal skills, effective organisational and time management skills and clinical credibility are imperative to the success of this role
Mō mātou | About Us
From July this year the Canterbury DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Waitaha Canterbury is considered a world leader in its people centred approach to health care. We have a unique one health system approach focused on providing "the right care and support, to the right person, at the right time and in the right place." We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region.
We are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people ' become part of our team.
Tono ināianei ' Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Shannon Le Roux ' Recruitment Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.