Kaitātari Tauanga Me Ngā Raraunga | Statistical and Data Analyst at Statistics NZ, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mōu | For you
Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, ethnicity, ability, religion, age and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
Starting salary: $66,819 - $73,893 negotiable + Kiwisaver contribution
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- Develop and grow your career (coaching, training, study support, secondments)
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to all people in Aotearoa
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure), see careers site for other benefits and networks
- City based offices that cater to a variety of working styles and needs
Te tūnga | The role
Methods & Design provides methodological leadership and technical support across Stats NZ and we have multiple opportunities for Statistical & Data Analysts. We have permanent roles based in Christchurch or Wellington, across many of the teams within Methods & Design. You can find information relating to the teams in Methods & Design in the job description for this role.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., cultural, community work, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We want to see the following in your cover letter and CV any information relating to:
- Why Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is the place for you, why us, and why Government?
- Any information about your knowledge and experience, or desire to learn and build knowledge and experience of Te Tiriti, Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Māori.
- How you've demonstrated or encouraged diversity and inclusion in and/or outside of work.
- Examples of strong relationships you've built and how and why relationships are important.
- Examples where you've demonstrated leadership, e.g. lifted others up, led by example, demonstrated problem solving, owned a project or piece of work, spoken up for yourself or others.
- Examples where you've shown curiosity and tried new things, taken on other perspectives, challenged the norm, reflected on your own and other's behaviours, attitudes or motivations to learn.
- Where you've demonstrated customer centricity, everyone is a customer mentality, collaborated with others and invited feedback, spent time with diverse people and communities to broaden your views.
- Any experience performing data analysis using R, Python, SAS or SQL.
- Any experience in a similar role that included working in projects of a statistical or technical nature.
- Any experience using statistical methods.
Ko mātou |About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistical outputs to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders make every day. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We encourage you to be you in your application! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability. You don't need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning. And please let us know in your application if we need to make any specific accommodations during our process.
Please reach out to David Hanson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sandy Suei (email@example.com) to arrange a kōrero (chat) before you apply if that is what you need from this process. Or reach out to us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes August 19 2022 at 11:55pm (depending on application numbers this date may change). You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video.
Check out our careers site to find out more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, do not contact the Hiring Manager directly, instead reach out to email@example.com
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand. Pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
Watch this video for more info on Stats NZ
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||M&D SDA PD (6).pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.