Chief Advisor System Leadership at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- New role for a Chief Advisor to the Deputy Chief Executive, working alongside our General Managers and System Leadership Team
- Senior influential, key thought Leadership role
- Permanent opportunity, Wellington
Are you looking for a fantastic new opportunity to join our organisation at a time of exciting transformation and change to how we work and deliver our services? This is where you can step up and make a significant impact in the lives of others.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We support prevention and early intervention and aim to provide high quality statutory services to tamariki and whānau who need this. We work in partnership with others and believe for tamariki and rangatahi to have the best chance of growing into thriving New Zealanders, they need to be supported and cared for within their communities and whānau.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Now is an exciting time to join the Systems Leadership team if you are looking for your next challenge, to navigate, drive and support our future direction.
As a Chief Advisor you will bring your specialist knowledge and expertise to provide:
- Thought leadership across policy, strategy, evidence, insights and performance
- Leadership and guidance across complex and strategic projects
- Specialist advice and quality assurance to the CE, DCE's and Ministers whilst being the key connector with the Office of the Chief Executive
- Influential contribution to cross sector policy and strategy development at a senior level
- Development of external networks of significance to Oranga Tamariki
This is an influential senior role within System Leadership and a member of the leadership team.
We are seeking a Chief Advisor who has proven business acumen and an ability to build strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. Your experience working within multiple organisations to find pragmatic solutions and influence organisational and people outcomes will be essential.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Strong understanding of the machinery of government
- Ability to engage and influence utilising evidenced based and analytics
- Lead continuous improvement and drive change
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to write clear and effective responses to the Minister's Office, OIA's and for the Leadership Team
- Demonstrated thought leadership, an enquiring mind and curious nature
- Team player with an ability to develop collaborative and effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
This is an opportunity where you can truly make your mark and help drive innovation through influence and insights.
We will value your expertise in an organisation that is full of passion and drive to improve the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi in New Zealand.
We offer have flexible working options and a genuine commitment to our employee's wellbeing. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact email@example.com
Applications close: Sunday 21 August 2022
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support. Many of our roles require our kaimahi to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in line with the COVID-19 Public Health response 2021 and in accordance with Oranga Tamariki's Vaccination Policy. As an employee with Oranga Tamariki you may also be asked to undertake COVID-19 tests during your employment. We will require evidence of your vaccination status or a valid exemption if it is required for the position you have applied for.
If you have any questions around whether vaccination is required for this role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Chief Advisor System Leadership FINAL PD June 2022.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.