National Manager Intelligence Operations and Registry at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
- Salary Range: $132,417 - $160,472. Permanent role.
- An exciting opportunity for an experienced National Manager to join MBIE Intelligence within the Data Insights and Intelligence branch.
- Location: Wellington preferred, would consider Auckland.
About the role:
The National Manager Intelligence Operations and Registry will bring their business understanding and perspective to work in partnership with other MBIE Intelligence Leaders, regulators across MBIE and New Zealand Intelligence Community (NZIC) to strategically plan and deliver Intelligence support to incident management responses within INZ, MBIE and in support of wider NZIC.
This role is the business owner of the Intelligence incident management and information management capability and doctrines within MBIE Intelligence, including Standard Operating Procedures as operationalised by the Registry. When not deployed on Intelligence incident response, the team undertakes other Intelligence analysis tasking from across MBIE Intelligence.
The National Manager Intelligence Operations and Registry will be responsible for strategically planning the Intelligence Operations and Registry work and ensuring current and future requirements are identified, developed, and planned for.
The Manager Intelligence Operations and Registry will be responsible for:
- Leading the delivery of Intelligence operations support to INZ’s Incident Response Team, MBIE’s Emergency Management and Business Continuity Team, and NZIC in response to internal and external events, using the CIMS framework.
- The delivery of the MBIE Intelligence operational support to the Mass Arrival Response Plan (MARP).
- Leading MBIE Intelligence interactions with the DPMC-led CT Readiness Programme.
- The delivery of the Intelligence Operations and Information Management strategic and tactical work programme ensuring MBIE meets its protective security responsibilities.
- Ensuring appropriate resourcing levels that ensures resilience in the Intelligence Operations function.
- Leading the senior stakeholder relationships across MBIE’s enterprise incident management and leans into support the National Security System as required.
- Successful delivery of key projects.
- Actively leading and supporting the Intelligence practice and profession.
The Intelligence Operations Team primarily exists to stand up and support the Intelligence component of any incident response, whether initiated by MBIE Intelligence, INZ, MBIE or other organisations. MBIE Intelligence supports INZ and MBIE’s work in the National Security System by participating in time critical events which may arise. MBIE Intelligence has been deeply involved in some large-scale national events which have affected New Zealand and/or New Zealand’s interests offshore. Some of these events require working with multiple agencies to support where required. The team will be the immediate response from MBIE Intelligence and will be required to work alongside other MBIE Intelligence teams and beyond during incidents. As a newly-established team there is a requirement for the development of all the processes and systems (the relationships, SOPs, technology, and training, etc.) for Intelligence Operations, and subsequently everyone in MBIE Intelligence, to be able to support the Intelligence component of a response. When not deployed in support of an incident for INZ, MBIE or other organisations, the remaining capacity in Intelligence Operations will be tasked across MBIE Intelligence to support intelligence priorities.
The Registry Team are responsible for establishing information management principles and processes and providing general support that assists the functionally centralized delivery of intelligence information and products. The Registry is responsible for a variety of information co-ordination activities across MBIE Intelligence: Ensuring that information management processes are embedded and maintained for all intelligence material. Ensuring that all incoming and outgoing information, intelligence products, and correspondence relating to intelligence functions are handled efficiently, directed to the appropriate place, and easily retrievable; and regularly communicating clearly and effectively with key internal and external stakeholders, including MBIE intelligence teams, and external agency Intelligence functions, to ensure best practice processes are conducted.
Ngā pukenga me ngā wheako e hiahiatia ana -
Skills and experience required:
- Demonstrated impactful leadership and experience in Intelligence Operations and Incident Management.
- A strategic thinker who sees connections between various aspects of the organisation and the implications for their business unit.
- A very good understanding of New Zealand’s emergency management environment, including an understanding of the CIMS framework.
- Experience in the application of operational risk management concepts and techniques as they pertain to decision making. Proven experience in operational management including the application of strategies, frameworks, business planning, forecasting, policies, processes and systems.
- Ability to develop and maintain credible and respected relationships with the diverse external New Zealand Intelligence community and internal MBIE networks.
- Sound working knowledge of management theory and practice including change management.
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility, and strategic relationship management experience including at an executive level.
- Sound appreciation of corporate management disciplines and techniques.
- A comprehensive understanding of the Public Sector environment and a demonstrated understanding of regulatory and intelligence processes, including Government decision-making and operating procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of the protocols and processes required when working with protective security requirements, including highly classified material.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining an environment focused on continuous improvement to enhance organisational performance.
- Maintain expert knowledge in intelligence practice.
- Tertiary qualification, or extensive and comparable relevant experience.
- Employment requires the candidate to be a New Zealand citizen or resident who has resided continuously in this country for 10 years, OR a citizen of Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, or the United States of America, and have resided continuously in one or more of those countries for the past 10 years prior to application, with a background history which is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a high level.
- Credit check required.
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
Mahi Tahi – Better Together
Māia – Bold and brave
Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga I waenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāi wi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga mā ngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēnei āheinga.
The purpose of MBIE Intelligence is to actively enable decision-maker advantage at strategic, operational and tactical levels for MBIE business units, the Executive, our Ministers, and domestic and international partners.
To deliver this, MBIE Intelligence produces intelligence products designed, developed and delivered to support decision maker advantage.
Through the provision of relevant and timely intelligence products, MBIE Intelligence is instrumental in supporting Te Ara Amiorangi (Our Path, Our Direction) and Hīkina Whakatutuki (Grow New Zealand for All).
MBIE Intelligence takes a leading role in ensuring ongoing and enhanced coordination between MBIE business units and other domestic governmental intelligence functions and overseas partner agencies.
Through the leveraging of collective knowledge and skills, MBIE Intelligence positions itself as a leader in the intelligence function within MBIE.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.