Home Support Worker | Ashburton Hospital at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Ashburton
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 0.625FTE (50 hrs/fortnight) and 0.2FTE (16hrs/fortnight) positions available. Both positions can be combined for 0.825FTE (66 hours/fortnight) for the right candidate.
- A current and full drivers license with reliable transport (essential)
- Previous experience would be preferred but is not necessary as full training is provided
The Team: What we do
Home Support Services deliver personal and domestic services to people in the local community which enable people to remain living independently in their own homes. In this role you will also be supported to complete a National Certificate of Community Support (Level 3) while you are working.
We are looking to fill a permanent part time position, based in mid-Canterbury. This is a 7 day a week service and requires availability to work from 0700-2000 hours across the whole of the Ashburton District.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting clients with personal cares & household management;
- Tailoring care to each client and their individual care plans;
- Appropriately documenting any changes in a client's condition or circumstances.
Your skills will include:
- Must have current and full drivers licence (essential);
- Physically fit & with the ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Honest and trustworthy with the ability to build and nurture professional relationships;
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- 0.625FTE (50 hrs/fortnight) permanent position
- 0.2FTE (16hrs/fortnight) permanent position
Please note: Both positions can be combined for 0.825FTE (66 hours per fortnight) for the right candidate.
Please state in your cover letter which position (or both) you are interested in.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Te Whatu Ora, Waitaha, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site. For enquiries please contact email@example.com
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so please apply now!
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform you role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.