Procurement Specialist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Opportunity to share your procurement expertise and build capability within the Procurement and Supply Chain Department.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This is a great opportunity to join our Procurement Department based near the airport at a new modern facility with high-quality offices. You will be part of our team that specialises in the entire end-to-end procurement process. Part of your role will be to ensure goods and services are delivered to our public health system and facilities. In our new building, you will have access to free parking, and a great view of the Southern Alps!
We are looking for an experienced and driven Procurement Specialist who wants to join our team to make an impact and is ready to hit the ground running. As a Procurement Specialist, you will provide procurement expertise across Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha (Canterbury) and Te Tai o Poutini (West Coast). You will demonstrate leadership within the team and the broader organisation on procurement matters, and you'll be the first port of call for project advice.
You will deliver procurement expertise in a range of formats to a multitude of stakeholders, including internal leaders. You will support the growth and development of procurement team members and assist the procurement manager in achieving our goals.
Ko wai koe | About You
This role would suit someone with the following:
- Experience in a Procurement Specialist role and has experience working across multiple categories
- Experience working with multiple internal and external stakeholders at a strategic level
- Experience working with vendors on contract negotiations
- Although not essential, experience in Health is highly desirable
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
To be successful in the role, you will need the following skills:
- Detailed understanding of the principles of procurement and contract management
- Working knowledge of the Government Rules of Procurement is an advantage but not essential
- Prior experience within a procurement department, and across multiple categories as a procurement specialist and/or category manager
- Ability to manage multiple 'end to end' procurement projects in a timely and commercial manner
- A good level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Relationship management skills ' Ability to build positive internal and external relationships
- Analytical skills
- MCIPs or working towards would be beneficial but is not essential
Mō mātou | About Us
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the
day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions
delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the
functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions
and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region.
'Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do'
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by
ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our
conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the
health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value''''s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha
When you work at Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha, you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical
roles at Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha, there could be a place for you! Please visit our careers website for other
roles and find your ideal fit within Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha.
Applications will be processed as they are received, so please apply as
soon as you can.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.