Consultant Psychiatrist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waikato, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Consultation Liaison Psychiatry
The details: Permanent full-time, 80 hours per fortnight (1.0FTE)
About Mental Health and Addiction Services at Waikato District, Te Whatu Ora
Mehemea ka moemoeā ahu, Ko au anake, Mehemea ka moemoeā e tātou, Ka taea e tāto
If I am to dream, I dream alone, if we all dream together then we will achieve. Te Puea Herangi
Waikato District area services the Coromandel Peninsula to Meremere, south to National Park and east to Tokoroa, a region with a land mass of over 21,000 kilometres. We are in the unique position of having half of our 400,000 plus population living in rural locations and the other half in towns or cities.
Considering relocation to the Waikato? Let us help you and your family access affordable housing, good schools and vibrant communities.
A new-build adult inpatient facility is in the planning stages, along with transformational change for the wider Mental Health and Addictions system. We offer you an opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation in mental health and addictions service delivery; as well as a number of ongoing quality improvement initiatives.
Consultation Liaison services are currently expanding to meet the needs of Waikato Hospital based services with a plan to increasing service delivery within this specialty
We offer you
• a job where no two days are ever the same; you will see the full spectrum of psychiatry from enduring mental illness through to trauma, grief and distress in all ages
• an excellent relocation and support package
• supportive and caring colleagues within a close-knit team
• Reconnect with the rest of medicine in a truly interdepartmental service
• a commitment to continuing education and professional development with excellent exposure to neuropsychiatry
• active peer review groups and a recognised training scheme for Fellows of the RANZCP
• the ability to contribute to systemic change.
Come join the team!
• a Psychiatrist who is vocationally registered, or are eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
• Able to work within Consultation Liaison psychiatry, ideally with an advanced certificate or with previous experience
• are versatile, flexible and have a passion for working as part of a team
• are excited about and willing to contribute to, and participate in change
• are passionate about eliminating health inequities
Please click here to view the Position Description
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
If you and are interested in joining our team but want to discuss this role further, please contact Kay Nisbet-Smith, Medical Staff Co-ordinator, Mental Health and Addictions Service Kay.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 11 October 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waikato|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.