Activities Facilitator - Mental Health at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waikato, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Mental Health
The details: Permanent part time, 80 hours per fortnight, 1.0 FTE, Rostered
The mental health and addictions service deliver a variety of services across the Waikato region. We are a service undertaking a huge programme of change to deliver better outcomes to tāngata whai ora and whānau in our region.
Nga iwi Ngakaunui - people at the heart is demonstrated best in mental health and addictions, people really are at the heart of all that we do.
We know how important strong relationships are; with people who access our services, with their whānau and with the communities we serve.
We are currently seeking Activities Facilitators to work in our adult acute inpatient wards and in our forensic wards.
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic with an ability to motivate and support our Tangata Whaiora to engage in activities on the wards and in the community.
E pā ana ki a tatou – About us
• We will provide full orientation and mentoring to help you get to know our services and the environment.
• We will provide internal training opportunities to support skill development.
• We will provide access to supervision
• We offer support and whanau based values within each team
Moū – About you
• you will have experience working in a health care setting
• you will be able to work 5 days a week
• you will demonstrate a passion for making a difference to the lives of our tangata whaiora and whanau
• you will have motivation and drive
• you will have the ability to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal and communication skills
• you will have a full NZ driver’s license
Nau mai haere mai - Come join the team!
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Caitlin Oldman in the Recruitment Team on email Caitlin.Oldman@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 17 October 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waikato|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.