Principal Advisor Health and Safety at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whatu Ora Health New Zealand - Waitemata is the largest and most rapidly growing in the country, serving a population of around 650,000 across the North Shore, Waitakere and Rodney areas.
We are the largest employer in the district, employing around 8,600 people across more than 80 locations.
In addition to providing care to our own resident population, we are the Northern Region’s provider of forensic mental health services and child rehabilitation services, plus the metro Auckland provider of child community dental services and community alcohol and drug services.
Reporting to the Facilities Services and Compliance Manager – Facilities Services Group, as an experienced Principal Advisor Health & Safety you will support the Facilities Services Group (FSG) commitment to provide and promote a safe and healthy working environment to all; capital projects, maintenance works & operations, external contractor and sub-contractors base, visitors and members of the public, across all components of work and spaces managed by FSG.
Key skills and responsibilities will include:
- Proactively promote and contribute to Health & Safety construction policy and procedures
- Ensure staff and managers are knowledgeable and accountable for safety in the workplace
- Contribute to the overall H&S policy and procedures throughout the organisation
- Lead investigation of incidents, reporting and corrective actions
- Contribute to and maintain ACC partnership programme and associated tertiary level status within F&D
- Assist in the development in the H&S service annual plans
- FSG New Starter Health & Safety Introduction
- Contractor Health & Safety Questionnaire (Pre-Qual process)
- Covid Safety Endorsement Process
- Participate in FSG Team/Group Health & Safety Meetings
- Contractor Monthly Health & Safety Report management
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Specific construction health and safety experience in the construction industry
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Health & Safety leadership roles
- Related Tertiary qualification
- Member of NZ Institute of Safety Management
- Accredited Safety Auditor with NZ Safety Council
- Registered Safety Professional, with NZ Safety Council
- Site Safe Gold Card Supervisor or higher
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a role that performs a vital function for Te Whatu Ora Health New Zealand - Waitemata.
To view a position description please click here
Please apply on-line at www.wdhbcareers.com
Job code: WDHB14950
Closing date: 12th Oct 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.