Mental Health Liaison Nurse - Emergency Department Lower Hutt at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hutt Valley, Lower Hutt
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora ' Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Hutt Hospital Emergency Department
Service: Intensive recovery Service
Contract: Mental Health Liaison Nurse Emergency Department
Salary: Registered Nurse as per MECA Step 5-7 depending on experience
Closing: 12th October 2022
Kōrero mō te tūranga ' About the role
The Mental Health Addictions & Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) Emergency Department Liaison Nurse is based in the Hutt Hospital Emergency (ED). The main purpose of the role is to provide rapid prioritisation/triage for people who present to the Ed with suspected mental health problems, and to facilitate access to the right service at the right time.
You will report to the Team Leader at Crisis Resolution Service (CRS) and have the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders including but not limited to Ed consultants ED Nursing staff, NZ police and CRS team.
Your role will be:
- Provide a brief, rapid mental health triage, prioritising an assessment of mental state, risk and urgency to determine care planning and linkages to other services.
- Work with other mental health services to ensure assessment, treatment and discharge/transfer is timely and effective.
- Work alongside existing triage services, including Te Haika, Crisis Resolution Service and the Crisis response Team
- Support the ED MH Nurse Educator to provide more formal training to ED staff (eg workshops, presentations) on the recognition and management of people who present with mental health problems, also taking into account the family/carer/whanau perspective.
- Support MH clients in the ED who are waiting on a resource, ie for assessment by Crisis Resolution Service, Community Mental Health Teams, respite or inpatient beds
Mō tō mātou rōpū ' About our team
The Intensive Recovery Sector (IRS) is one of the service groupings within the wider Mental Health Addictions and Intellectual Disability Services. IRS comprises of approximately 250 staff from a variety of clinical and administrative backgrounds. The service is led in partnership by the Operations Managers and Clinical Leader. As the name suggests the IRS encompasses services dedicated to responding and supporting those people and their whanau who may require urgent and acute responses and care. These services may be provided in a community setting or in hospital depending on the needs of the person.
Moū ' About you
- You will be experienced, clinically skilled nurse who has an interest in the interface between physical and mental health and a particular interest in emergency mental health care.
- You will have a high degree of competency undertaking mental state examinations and discharge/safety planning.
- High Level of experience working in a DHB mental health team preferably a crisis and/or community mental health team
- Confident in assessing mental health clients alone/autonomously
- Bachelor of Nursing or higher level equivalent (e.g. Post Grad Diploma in specialist area; Masters of Nursing)
- Registered with New Zealand Nursing council
- (Minimum) competent on Nursing PDRP, ideally expert.
E pā ana ki a tatou ' About us
We invite you to join our Mental Health Mental Health Addictions & Intellectual Disability Service. Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicity, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
We require all our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an approved vaccine, including have had one booster vaccination. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hutt Valley|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.