Taurawhiri - Community Maori Mental Health Services at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Henderson based roles
Whītiki Maurea is a Māori clinical service within the Waitematā District Mental Health Services Division. We provide clinical care in mental health and addictions with a tikanga Māori (cultural values and concepts) approach.
We are currently seeking exceptional candidates to fill the above role for Whītiki Maurea.
The main purpose of the role is to support tangata whai i te ora (Māori Service Users) and their whānau with full access to our services. Through cultural assessments the treating teams will be able to provide whānau orientated support. This leads to a key goal of helping whānau achieve their aspirations for wellbeing so that Whānau Ora can be achieved.
You will need to be:
- Passionate about Whānau Ora
- Self-motivated and mature in life’s challenging experiences
- Strongly connected to whānau, hapū and Iwi values
- Able to speak Te Reo Māori and have a good understanding of tribal customary practices
- A competent driver
A bonus would be:
- Having a good knowledge of community Māori health providers and social service networks in those areas
- A qualification or training in Māori mental health and addictions
We will show you how to:
- Write and facilitate cultural assessments
- Apply the Te Whare Tapa Whā model of care
To be considered for these positions please apply directly online by clicking the 'apply' button in this advertisement or by visiting our careers page at http://www.wdhbcareers.com/ quoting the below reference number.
For a copy of the Position Description, please CLICK HERE
For further information, please contact Glenn Bratton, Recruitment Manager on 09 442 7240.
Position Number WDHB14930
Closing date: 26 February 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.