Clinical Psychologist- Mana Awhi - Older People's Health at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Toka Tumai’s, Mana Awhi- Older People’s Health service are looking for a passionate and experienced Clinical Psychologist to join our wonderful team
- Permanent full time role 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week (Those interested in part time work are also encouraged to apply if they have the right attributes for the role as a job share will be considered).
- Opportunity for continuing professional development
- Work within a supportive multidisciplinary inpatient service
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity in our Mana Awhi Older Peoples’ Health team - a specialist, inpatient, multidisciplinary service for assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for older people. Mana Awhi aims to provide world class assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation to older people to optimise their health, function, and participation. With recent growth in our service and new innovative models of care, we now have 112 beds across four wards.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the adjustment and rehabilitation of older people and their whanau following a variety of physical health conditions
- Working with a team that embraces innovation and evidence-based approaches to health care
- Managing the scope for individual, multidisciplinary, and potentially group interventions
- Delivering neuropsychological assessments with a high level of supervision
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be successful, you must have:
- New Zealand registration as a Clinical Psychologist and have a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC)
- A post graduate diploma or Doctoral degree in Clinical psychology (or equivalent)
- Experience in a physical health, medical or rehabilitation setting
- Have a current full driver’s license
For more information about this role please contact Anna McRae - Allied Health Director for Community and Long Term Conditions via firstname.lastname@example.org or Jane Walton – Service Clinical Director via JaneWa@adhb.govt.nz .
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai. Auckland offers it all – the great outdoors with beaches and mountains, shows and concerts, sports, shopping, wining and dining. It’s a great place to raise children and enjoy and relax when you’re an empty nester. It provides a perfect base for exploring New Zealand generally with excellent national and international flight networks. Here are a few websites to find out more about living in Auckland – schools, houses for sale or rent, and what you can do when you are not at work:
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Anesha Pillay, Recruitment Consultant via Aneshag@adhb.govt.nz or 021 390 875 to discuss how we can best support your application.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! Of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations .
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (Psychologist APEX MECA 2023)
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.