Core Clinician Speech Language Therapist (Full Time) Child Development Team, Te Whatu Ora at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Remuneration as per PSA Allied Health MECA guidelines (between step 1 $58,513 - 8 $85,204)
Flexible working, including working from home
Commitment to professional development
Supportive team environment
Looking to make a difference for tamariki and their whaanau in South Auckland?
An opportunity has arisen to work as a Speech and Language therapists within Kidz First Community Child Development Team (CDT). The team is based at Kidz First Community Health in Manukau, South Auckland. In this role you will be supported by an amazing team of Speech Language Therapists, a Professional Leader, Clinical Leader and a Team Leader. The team environment is fun, yet goal orientated. Our team support a high Maaori and Pacifica population and would welcome applicants from these communities as well.
Within this role you will work in partnership with the patient, whaanau and other health care providers in order to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate outcomes of care for children 0-3 years predominately. This role provides you with the opportunity to support children with a range of feeding, swallowing and communication difficulties within a community setting. You will assess, diagnose and treat patients accordingly. You will have the opportunity to be involved in carrying out Videofluoroscopic Swallow Studies alongside team members and the inpatient SLT. Our range of services delivery is flexible from individual face to face sessions, tele health and running groups. Another component of this role is the opportunity to work alongside the Paediatricians and Psychologists in a multidisciplinary clinic to assess complex children, particularly those who potentially have Autism Spectrum Disorder, Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder or Global Developmental Delay.
The preferred candidate will be someone who is an excellent communicator whilst honouring cultural diversity. An ability to effectively organise your caseload, whilst prioritising tasks, would be imperative in order to be successful in this role.
• Registration with the New Zealand Speech-Language Therapists’ Association and current APC
• A passion for working with tamariki and advocating for their specific needs
• Full, clean driver’s licence
• Knowledge and experience in the case management of tamariki (birth-3 years) with a range of feeding, swallowing and communication difficulties, across community settings
• Experience working within a health setting
• Experience working within a Multi-Disciplinary setting and as part of a team
• Experience in paediatric dysphagia
What's in it for you?
• A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
• Fantastic culture and team environment
• Refund of your annual practising certificate cost
• Onsite professional development sessions
• Generous study allowance on top of mandatory training
• Discounted services as part of our work perks
Please apply online by clicking on the button below.
To review the position description please ‘’click here’’. If you have further questions, please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 276 0044 ext 58680 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Number: CMH20229104
Applications Close: 14 December 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.