Senior Clinical Pharmacist (Full Time) Pharmacy Service, Te Whatu Ora at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Remuneration as per PSA Allied Health MECA guidelines (between step 9 $87,192 - 12 $98,499)
Are you passionate about clinical pharmacy and driving our profession forward in the healthcare landscape? Are you ready to step up in your career while wanting to gain more experience in different clinical areas? We have two positions available for senior clinical pharmacists to join our dynamic and ambitious Clinical Pharmacy service at Middlemore Hospital.
Middlemore Hospital is a large and progressive tertiary hospital located in South Auckland and is unique in terms of the diverse, high-needs population we serve. Our service is committed to providing excellent patient-centred care and achieving equitable health outcomes through collaboration, continuous improvement and innovation. We are proud to be one of the leading Clinical Pharmacy services in Australasia with established systems and technology to optimise safe and effective use of medicines for our patients, from admission to discharge. Our clinical pharmacists have a strong presence and are well-regarded across the organisation. Our work is highly valued not just in the direct patient care setting but also in clinical leadership within the multidisciplinary team as well as systems improvement and governance. We are invested in building workforce capabilities and supporting our pharmacists to achieve their goals as a clinician and to make a lasting impact within and beyond the organisation. The diverse and complex clinical scenarios that we encounter and help manage every day make Counties an exceptional environment for lifelong learning.
Within our career progression framework, the Senior Clinical Pharmacist roles are rotational and progress along the generalist pathway. Our rotation design and structure provide valuable opportunities for experienced clinical pharmacists to further broaden and develop their clinical knowledge and skills in both general and subspecialty areas, as well as grow in other important aspects such as leadership, people development quality improvement and research. Senior Clinical Pharmacists also support the pharmacy leadership team while we strive to optimise service delivery and achieve the goals of our service and the organisation.
To view the full job description, please click here.
We are looking for a pharmacist who is/has:
- New Zealand registered pharmacist with current APC, or eligibility to obtain one
- Minimum of 3, preferably 5 or more years of clinical experience in the hospital setting, with previous rotations in core clinical areas, including Medicine, Surgery and Older People’s Health
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications desirable– e.g. Postgraduate Cert/Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy or equivalent
- Patient-focused, enthusiastic and able to lead self and others
- Effective communicator with sound problem-solving skills
- Supportive team player and able to teach and train other pharmacy staff and students
- Keen interest and/or experience in quality improvement and service development
- Able to work flexible hours (including participating in our extended ED service hours, oncall and weekend rosters)
What's in it for you?
- A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- Fantastic culture and team environment
- Annual practicing certificate is refunded for every additional year of service
- Access to Ko Awatea, an onsite learning institute which attracts both National and International speakers and trainers
- Discounted services as part of our work perks
We offer highly competitive remuneration commensurate matching to your skills, experience and qualifications.
Please apply online at www.countieshealthjobs.com.
If you have further questions, please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 276 0044 ext 58680 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Number: CMH20229139
Applications Close: 03 October 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.