Expressions of Interest - Summer Studentships at Te Whatu Ora Waitematā 2022-2023 at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whatu Ora Waitematā is seeking expressions of interest in studentships over the summer of 2022/2023 and all tertiary level students are eligible to apply for advertised Te Whatu Ora Waitematā Summer Studentships. You will be supported by the Te Whatu Ora Waitematā’s Institute for Innovation and Improvement (i3).
Te Whatu Ora Waitematā serves the communities of Rodney, North Shore and Waitakere and provides hospital and community services from North Shore and Waitakere Hospitals and 30 community sites throughout the district. It also provides child disability, forensic psychiatric, school dental and alcohol and drug services to the Auckland region.
These studentships pay a stipend of $6300 and will consist of 10 weeks of work as agreed between the assigned Te Whatu Ora Waitematā supervisor and the student. The student will be expected to attend onsite at Te Whatu Ora Waitematā for at least half of that time (i.e. at least 2.5 days/week) or as agreed with the supervisor – this will vary depending on the individual project and how much of that involves accessing Te Whatua Ora Waitematā systems and staff. The student may be required to use their own laptop depending upon availability of computers onsite at the time.
An interest in health and tertiary level study in information technology, computer science, analytics, innovation, engineering, clinical software design, evaluation and research will be of benefit. Applicants are being sought from students interested in any of the attached potential projects list. Please specify which project(s) you are interested in.
During the studentship the student will:
- Work on one major project under the guidance of a Te Whatu Ora Waitematā workplace supervisor
- Produce a project plan in collaboration with their supervisor at the end of the first week that is submitted to i3 (template provided)
- Produce a final report at the end of their ten weeks (template provided)
- Support other i3/Te Whatu Ora Waitematā projects as available and requested by the i3
- Participate in team meetings and discussions, and generally be a good team member
- Make the most of opportunities to attend seminars/presentations/courses, meet staff members, and gain an understanding of the work of Te Whatu Ora Waitematā /i3
- Students will be paid for their 10 weeks of work
- Te Whatu Ora Waitematā will provide a place of work, a workplace supervisor, membership of a staff team, and opportunities to participate and learn about Te Whatu Ora Waitematā /i3 work
- Have fun
Students will be selected by the Institute for Innovation and Improvement. Students should specify in their cover letter which project(s) the student is interested in, and their particular area of study, skills and interests that are relevant to the specified project.
Applications close on 30 September 2022
For more details on the potential projects, click here
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.