Registered Nurse - Older Persons Health Service | Burwood at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- We have nigths, part time and full time positions available in wards C1, D1, C2 and DG (stroke).
- Must have a current APC
- Based at Burwood Hospital
You can be part of the manaaki hauora (Health Industry)!
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are looking for Registered Nurses to join our team in the Older Persons Health Service at Burwood Hospital. This service specialises in those patients with general medical and surgical conditions requiring further rehabilitation post event. Your ability to work well under pressure within a multidisciplinary team alongside your excellent communication skills and flexibility to work rotating, rostered shifts is imperative to your success in these roles.
We have positions available in Ward C1, D1, C2 and DG but may have other positions becoming available in the interim.
- Ward C1 and C2 are Older Persons Health rehabilitation wards with a strong interdisciplinary team focus specialising in care of patients over 65 post surgical or medical event.
- Ward D1 is a 24 bed unit under the Older
Persons Health umbrella, specialising in those patients with orthopaedic
injury or post orthopaedic surgery.
- Ward DG is an inpatient rehabilitation ward for older people with a particular focus on stroke rehabilitation.
Please state in your cover letter if you are looking for nights, part time or full time hours and what area you are interested in.
Skills & Experience:
- You will be an experienced Registered Nurse with a current NZ practicing certificate
- You will be a confident practitioner with exceptional patient assessment skills
- Enthusiastic, motivated, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage a wide variety of people, is paramount in this role
- Your strong patient advocacy alongside clear communication style and the aspiration to contribute to the health care of the elderly will see you succeed in this role
- You will exhibit compassion, good communication and organisational skills as well as sound assessment skills
- These roles require a strong inter-disciplinary focus with a passion for rehabilitation.
Ngā hua | Benefits of working here
When you work at Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey.
We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Apply online or contact us on email@example.com if you have any queries.
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform you role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.