Pharmacy Technician - Rotational, Auckland City Hospital at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- New Zealand’s leading public hospital
- Full-time, Permanent position
- Busy onsite hospital pharmacy department
About the role
In this role you will provide technical support to the Pharmacy Department by:
- Maintaining the Imprest ordering and maintenance.
- Centralised temperature monitoring system maintenance
- Assisting with the ordering, supply and distribution of Pharmaceuticals, including Chemotherapy for in and out patients
- In-patient and clinical trial dispensing
- Controlled Drug Processing
- Manufacturing various medications for supply to in-patients
- Cytotoxic, sterile and non-sterile dispensing
- Assisting in the Informatics, Medication Safety & Medicines Information teams with automation systems and other quality initiatives
For further information on this role please contact Dianne Gulliver, Clinical Lead Technician, on firstname.lastname@example.org or on mobile – 0210 368 805
Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre. Click here to view what we can offer you as an employer
About the department
Our Pharmacy department is an innovative and exciting place to work. We employ over 100 staff including those working within two retail pharmacies, Aseptic Production Unit and a flagship inpatient service. We serve over 1200 inpatient beds. Our guiding principle is to put the patient first in everything we do. Our award winning and growing clinical pharmacy service has over 40 pharmacists working across both secondary and tertiary level services. We have a robust service strategy which ensures that our staff are continuingly driving to work at the top of their scope and pushing the boundaries of clinical pharmacy practice. We are committed to do and be our best, to value and support all staff, to work together with trust respect and honesty, and display commitment and accountability to provide a high quality service to our patients.
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes :-
- Have NZQA NZ Certificate in Pharmacy (Technician) Level 5 (or equivalent)
- Ideally you will have proven technical proficiency and previous Hospital or community experience.
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. For help with your application please email, Aaron Chamberlain, Recruitment Coordinator on AaronChamb@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref # AUC15858
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.