Senior Physiotherapist - (Permanent, Part-Time) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Develop your leadership capabilities as part of our Physiotherapy team in a permanent, part-time role
- Welcoming applications from local and international candidates offering visa support
- Supportive, friendly multidisciplinary team with great on-boarding
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have a great position available for an experienced NZ Registered Senior Physiotherapist to join our cardiorespiratory outpatient services. Based at Greenlane Clinical Centre this is a permanent, part-time position 0.8FTE (32 hours/week). This key role reports directly to the Physiotherapy Clinical Lead and is an ideal opportunity for an experienced physiotherapist wanting to develop their leadership capabilities and advance their skills in:
- Implementing evidence-based practice and service development
- Motivating, guiding and developing staff
- Clinical leadership
This role will also see you performing the below duties:
- Manage a clinical caseload while providing day to day coordination and leadership for a team of approximately five physiotherapists
- The caseload includes providing a comprehensive service to cardiac, respiratory and transplant patients
- You will also have an opportunity to play an active role in quality improvement, staff and service development
- Work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary bicultural environment
Regardless of your experience, you will receive a thorough orientation and be well supported in your role. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of conditions from specialist services
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- New Zealand registration as a Physiotherapist with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- A minimum of six years post-graduate experience including a minimum of two to three years of experience in cardiorespiratory physiotherapy
- Significant experience working in the hospital or community setting
- A flexible, pro-active and can-do approach with experience supporting staff and students
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Evidence of establishing and developing working relationships within the wider MDT
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the acute hospital environment
Here is a video that will give you insight to this role
For more information about this role please contact Hannah Zuhir (Clinical Lead Physiotherapy – Clinical Support) on HannahZ@adhb.govt.nz
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Thursday, 13 October 2022 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Immigration / Visa Support
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health Scientific Technical MECA)
Salary Range: Step 9 $87,192 to Step 12 $98,499 (depending on experience)
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB15471 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.