Clinical Specialist Paediatric Sonographer, Starship Children's Hospital (Permanent, Full-Time) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, full-time Specialist Paediatric Sonographer role available
- Relocation and visa support on offer for suitable candidates
- Apply your clinical leadership and technical specialist skills to this varied, rewarding role
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for a NZ Registered Clinical Specialist Paediatric Sonographer to join our experienced team at Starship Children’s Hospital. This is a permanent, full-time position ideal for someone with an interest or experience in Paediatric Health Ultrasound and team leadership.
- Provide clinical leadership, technical specialist skills and day to day management in the Starship Ultrasound department
- Manage the day to day provision of the service across the ultrasound department at Starship including work within NICU
- Develop effective teamwork and collaborative relationships within our interdisciplinary team
- Establish and maintain standards of practice, protocols and policies inclusive of ultrasound worksheets within the department
- Delegate activities (taking into account the individual’s knowledge and experience level) and monitor their implementation
- Utilise expert knowledge and skills to assist team members working with patients with complex needs
- Initiate and/or contribute to clinical review / case conference meetings as appropriate
- Audit standards of clinical / technical practice to ensure that practice is safe, patient focused, innovative and based on validated research findings
- Establish and implement the continuous quality improvement programme
- Take an active role in the introduction of new procedures and within the team
Click here to view the position description
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- Registration with the Medical Radiation Technologist Board (NZ) or eligible for this and in process of obtaining
- 3+ years proven experience in Paediatric and Neonatal Sonography
- Post Graduate Diploma in Ultrasound or DMU (ASUM) or NZ registered equivalent
- Supervisory or team leadership experience advantageous
- Advanced practice plus strategic thinking and planning
- Sound understanding of professional ethics
For more information about this role please contact Carol Bagnall via email Cbagnall@adhb.govt.nz
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai. Auckland offers it all – the great outdoors with beaches and mountains, shows and concerts, sports, shopping, wining and dining. It’s a great place to raise children and enjoy and relax. It provides a perfect base for exploring New Zealand generally with excellent national and international flight networks. Here are a few websites to find out more about living in Auckland – schools, houses for sale or rent, and what you can do when you are not at work:
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
Advertising closes: Thursday, 23 March 2023 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB15465 to discuss how we can best support your application.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! Of course for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (Sonographers APEX MECA)
Salary Range: From Step 7 123,697.00 (Depending on experience)
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.