January 2023 Graduate Analyst (Kaitātari Whiwhi Tohu) at The Treasury, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Do you want to help build a more sustainable, inclusive and progressive Aotearoa?
- Are you ready to be part of a programme that inspires, challenges and develops you?
- Do you share our vision of higher living standards for all New Zealanders?
- Are you forward-thinking, inquisitive and eager to learn?
- Do you enjoy working with people, data and policy?
Mō mātou | About Us
Here at Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, we are committed to Tiakitanga (our role of stewardship) to make Aotearoa a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand's finances and are the Government's trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders.
He aha te mea nui o te ao? What is the most important thing in the world?
He tangata, he tangata, he tangata. It is the people, it is the people, it is the people.
Kōrero mō te tūranga | About the Role
We have three positions open in our January 2023 graduate analyst intake - specifically in our International team, Tax Strategy team and Regions Enterprise and Economic Development team. The work our graduates (ngā Kaiwhiwhi Tohu) undertake is varied and extensive. Graduates hit the ground running and within their first few months, experience working on significant pieces of advice across large and influential portfolios. Our graduates start their careers in the heart of public sector decision-making.
Graduates in these teams will join our Policy, Performance and Advisory stream. Streams help us define the type of work graduates do and allow us to provide targeted learning and development opportunities within our 18 month graduate development programme (kaupapa whakawhanake tāngata whiwhi tohu). Graduates are free to move between teams and streams once they are promoted to Analyst.
Ō pūmanawa | About You
We are seeking a well-rounded, conscientious individuals who:
- Majors in economics, finance, accounting or law are preferred but not essential
- Successfully adapt to an ever-changing work, political and economic environment
- Are driven to enhance their own personal and professional development
- Build trusted, collaborative and constructive relationships
- Communicate well with a wide range of audiences
- Are analytical thinkers
- Value diversity and inclusive practices
- Have personal integrity and an honest and ethical approach
To be eligible to apply for our graduate analyst vacancies please note the three criteria below:
- You are entitled to work in NZ through:
- New Zealand Citizenship, Residency or Permanent Residency, or
- You are entitled to a three-year Post-study Open Work Visa (for degree Level 7 or above qualifications) and currently living in New Zealand
- You have attained a minimum of a B grade average from the previous 12 months study
- You are available to start in the Graduate programme in January 2023
Ko ngā hua | What we Offer
- Full 18 month graduate development programme (kaupapa whakawhanake tāngata whiwhi tohu).
- Flexible work arrangements and encouragement to enjoy a positive work/life balance with and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives.
- 5 weeks annual leave for permanent full-time employees (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Relocation to Wellington reimbursement package
- The opportunity to work in supportive and high-performing teams with internal opportunities across the organisation
- An environment where excellence is recognised, and staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential
- A workplace that values diversity and inclusion and recognises the value of your lived experienced
- Fantastic exposure to a central government agency with interesting and varied work that influences the lives of New Zealanders
For more information our award winning graduate programme and what it's like to work at Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, please visit the graduate opportunities page on our website.
Tono mai ināianei | Apply Now
Please see the Job Description for further detail or for more information please contact the talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rā kati | Applications close: Sunday 9 October. All applications must be made online. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Treasury Graduate Analyst Position Description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.