Rostering Coordinator at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waikato, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital
The details: Permanent full-time, 80 hours per fortnight (1.0FTE)
Exciting Opportunity awaits to hone your skills or learn some more in a dynamic fast paced environment where you can made a difference every day.
The role is at Te Whatu Ora – Waikato district as part of the decision making hub called the Integrated Operations Centre (IOC). This hub leads, manages and monitors patient flow through the organisation by bringing together all relevant staffing and planning teams, (i.e.nursing resource team, transit lounge, duty nurse managers, emergency response team, production planning, the RMO unit and the Rostering Service).
As a rosterer, you will join our small, friendly team based at Waikato Hospital. Our centralised rostering team create the rosters for nursing and midwifery staffing. Our priority is to find people who have the right skills and attitude that will make them a great fit for our team. If you are not experienced full training will be given and we will also consider a job share.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Has excellent planning, organisation and time management skills
• Is able to work collaboratively with others at all levels of the organisation
• Is numerate and has excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills, with an attention to detail and accuracy
• Has strong skills in applications such as Word and Excel and a proven ability to learn to use and work with computer systems and processes
• Conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times, e.g. is discrete, tactful and understands the importance of confidentiality
• Is self- motivated, takes pride in providing a service and has a ‘can do’ attitude to dealing with problems as they arise
• Ideally, but is not essential, has previous experience in workforce planning/ rostering for a complex employment environment such as health and understands the basics of MECA conditions and healthy rostering practices.
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Bryleigh Gordon in the Recruitment Team on Bryleigh.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 4 October 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waikato|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.