Senior Neurodevelopment Therapist (Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist) Child Development Team at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Part Time 0.6FTE (48 hours per fortnight)
Remuneration as per PSA Allied Health MECA guidelines (between 9-12)
Join our dynamic team and help to make a difference in the lives of many
Kidz First Child Development is situated in South Auckland and is a dynamic and flexible work place that supports its clinicians to work alongside families and their children who have neurological and developmental needs, while encouraging it’s clinician to work towards achieving a good work life balance.
The service provides therapy to assist children with special needs and interacts closely with their family to ensure that the child's full potential is reached.
Enthusiasm and passion for early intervention drives our therapists to walk alongside families through their journey. Every day is different and you therefore need to have the ability to adapt to the varying needs of the service and the diverse cliental that we work with. In addition to having extensive paediatric experience working with babies from birth to 3, you will need to demonstrate sound clinical reasoning skills and the ability to reflect on your practise as these are key elements required to ensure you thrive in this role. In return you will work with a group of highly experienced and motivated therapists and Clinical Leader who will support your growth and development in this role.
You will be working within a wider MDT team and therefore it is essential to understand your own communication style in order to build rapport with other professionals.
The preferred candidate will have proven experience in assessment, planning and treatment skills, as this will enable working with a diverse client group. An understanding of health and disability issues together with sound clinical reasoning skills in childhood disability will enable the therapist to work with children and their families in a therapeutic way.
Working at Kidz First is both rewarding on a professional and personal level. The multidisciplinary service works on a referral basis through doctors, neonatal services, paediatric services, education funded services, Children Youth and Family Services and needs assessment agencies.
- New Zealand registered Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with a current practising certificate
- Minimum of 5 years recent paediatric clinical experience
- Relevant clinical experience and knowledge of physiotherapy or occupational therapy practice in neurological rehabilitation, preferably paediatric
- An understanding of health disability and illness issues and the services available
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Negotiation/conflict management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full, clean drivers licence
- Bobath qualification
- Post graduate qualification
What's in it for you?
- A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- Fantastic culture and team environment
- Access to Ko Awatea, an onsite learning institute which attracts both National and International speakers and trainers
- Annual practising certificate is refunded for every additional year of service (pro rata)
- Discounted services as part of our work perks
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply Now”.
To review the position description, please ''click here''. If you have questions about this role, please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 2760044 ext 58680 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: 30 September 2022
Job Number: CMH07196
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.