Service Manager / Kaiwhakahaere Ratonga (Cancer) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley, Wellington Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora ' Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Wellington Hospital and other locations
Service: Cancer, Blood, Pharmacy and Palliative Care
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Kōrero mō te tūranga ' About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an innovative, strategic and passionate Service Manager to lead our Cancer Services work streams to improve the outcomes for patients. Reporting to the Operations Manager this role needs a results orientated, data savvy and committed person who understands the complexity of the health care environment and cancer service delivery.
As the Cancer Service Manager you will provide high quality oversight, analysis and service development, as well as coordination of agreed significant projects, activities and teams.
Key functions of the role:
- To ensure provision of effective, high quality services which deliver organisational requirements for Cancer Services
- To provide integrated and coordinated patient centred services through effective service development and change management
- Ensuring the development and implementation of effective data systems and processes to facilitate a high standard of data capture, analysis and reporting
- Working with staff to facilitate standardised and streamlined diagnostic and treatment processes and standards with a focus on reducing inequity.
- Supporting governance of enterprise wide services, relationships and contracts in relation to cancer services
- Managing cancer care co-ordination, oncology informatics and research teams.
Mō tō mātou rōpū ' About our team
The Cancer Service Manager works with committed leaders in cancer diagnosis, treatment, care co-ordination and research to provide service development, implement quality standards and reporting on patient pathways. Building relationships with those across the healthcare continuum is key. They also manage dynamic and dedicated teams involved in care co-ordination, clinical research and oncology informatics.
Moū ' About you
- A clinical knowledge of the Cancer Work streams.
- Health professional qualification
- Highly numerate; able to analyse and synthesise data
- IT savvy; competent working with a range of qualitative and quantitative data systems and application
- Understanding of patient pathways across the District and between Districts
- Proven track record in Service improvement or project management.
- Previous experience in a leadership/management role in the health sector
E pā ana ki a tatou ' About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email Philip.Adamson@ccdhb.org.nz and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH286-22) in the subject line.
We require all our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an approved vaccine, including have had one booster vaccination. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.