Diabetes Endocrinology and General Medicine SMO at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Waitemata District are seeking a full time Diabetes Endocrinology/ General Medicine Senior Medical Officer to help us to achieve our aim of becoming the national leader of healthcare services in New Zealand.
Located in a world class harbour city, Waitemata District operates over two sites, North Shore Hospital on the shores of Takapuna’s Lake Pupuke and Waitakere Hospital within sight of West Auckland’s green belt.
We are a teaching facility, with a well-established and highly-respected research programme. Your experience and ideas will positively assist us as we grow and train our future health workforce and support our model of care.
What’s in it for you:
- A supportive and collaborative team of nine endocrinologists all of whom work a mix of endocrinology, diabetes and General medicine.
- Close liaison with local endocrine surgical team and good regional links with endocrine groups in other hospitals
- Access to full range of endocrine investigations including thyroid ultrasound guided FNA biopsy in clinic.
- Access to an endocrinology research nurse with extensive experience who can assist with audits and patient education.
- Large diabetes service with a focus on T1 DM with a young adult clinic
- Large numbers of patients on pumps and CGM. Expertise in this area would be an advantage
- Te Hononga Oranga Maori Health Gains service based at Whanau Centre
- Opportunity to share your capabilities and experience with involvement in teaching and training including an Endocrinology training registrar
- General Medicine runs a 3 weeks on/3 weeks off ward based care roster with additional ward rounds in the Admitting & Diagnostic Unit on off ward weeks supervising physician trainee RMO’s
We also offer you:
- Commitment to on-going training and personal development
- A great life-style choice for those who enjoy the outdoors and also want the excitement of a thriving multi-cultural city
- A generous Continuing Medical Education Allowance per annum
- Annual leave entitlement - 30 days per annum plus study leave
- A dedicated Global Mobility Consultant to assist with relocation
Candidates are required to hold or be eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. We welcome applications or expressions of interest from Specialists at all stages of their medical career.
To view a position description click here
Please apply on-line at www.wdhbcareers.co.nz
For further information about this position, please do not hesitate to contact Ben Bradley - Senior Recruitment Consultant on email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job code: WDHB14920
Closing date: 12th Oct 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.