Team Coordinator Certifications at Civil Aviation Authority of NZ, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Civil Aviation Authority and the Aviation Security Service offer distinctively different career opportunities and embrace diverse talent. All jobs at the Authority contribute to ensuring safe and secure skies to help New Zealand fly.
The Civil Aviation Authority is the regulatory arm of our organisation and the Aviation Security Service is the nationwide provider for aviation security.
Working at our organisation you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to safe and secure skies, for New Zealand.
About the role
The Team Coordinator provides a range of coordination, administration and support services to the managers and Certification Units staff members, to support and improve the day to day functioning of the units.
This is a varied, fast-paced role, in a great team. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Being the first point of call for queries both internally and externally
- Help manage a busy inbox
- Maintaining work requests and unit databases
- Coordinating meetings and minute taking
- Working with management and the wider organisation to support projects
What we’re looking for
- Experience in an administrative or support-based role in a large organisation (e.g. government department or service-oriented organisation).
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders in a confident and positive customer focused manner.
- Good influencing skills with an ability to build relationships across organisational boundaries and within the industry.
- High attention to detail, responsible, highly motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organisational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Proactive and uses initiative.
- Flexibility and resilience to handle change and re-prioritise work if necessary, to meet deadlines, and to remain calm and objective under pressure.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and integrity.
As a safety regulator, the Civil Aviation Authority exists to enable safe flight for social connections, and economic benefit for New Zealand. We believe in keeping people safe and secure in the air, enabling participation in the aviation system, and making a difference to New Zealand aviation. We achieve this through regulatory oversight of the aviation industry and frontline security at our airports.
The Authority embraces diversity and is committed to providing an inclusive environment where our people feel respected, safe, and valued for their unique contribution.
The foundation for achieving this is our values, which guide how we work and the behaviours we expect from each other.
- Me mahi tahi – Collaboration
We work together to achieve and succeed.
- Me mahi pono – Transparency
We are open and honest communicators.
- Me mahi tika – Integrity
We do the right thing.
- Me manaaki – Respect
We treat all people with consideration and kindness.
- Kia tū rangatira ai – Professionalism
We act in a way that brings credit to ourselves and our organisation.
Why join us?
The Civil Aviation Authority National Office is usually located in modern offices opposite the Wellington railway station. As a result of remedial earthquake strengthening work that needs to take place, our National office staff are currently working remotely and in temporary offices in central Wellington.,
We invest in our people by supporting development within the organisation. To support the health and wellbeing of our employees we offer flu vaccinations, contributions towards eyewear and a flexible working environment by arrangement.
What do you need?
Due to border restrictions, we are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to enter New Zealand or those currently residing in NZ or who have NZ Citizen or Permanent Residency status.
Covid-19 continues to present significant health, safety and wellbeing risks. This offer of employment is therefore conditional upon you being vaccinated against Covid-19 and maintaining full vaccination status throughout the course of your employment.
Please take a look at the position description for this role to find out if you have the relevant skills and experience – and apply now!
Applications close 2 October 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Civil Aviation Authority of NZ|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.