Antimicrobial Pharmacist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki, Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Fixed Term, 13 Month Contract
0.6FTE (48 hours per fortnight)
- Do you want to work for an employer known for their focus on employee wellness?
- Would like to work with a passionate and innovative team?
New Plymouth was named the most liveable city, for a population between 75,000-150,000, by the International Awards for Liveable Communities
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
The Te Whatu Ora Taranaki is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector to a population of 116,600 people. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated NZ Registered Pharmacist wishing to join our pharmacy team as an Antimicrobial Pharmacist.
This position will work closely both with the recently developed Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) team and also within the pharmacy team, advocating for and implementing activities that aim to improve the prescribing and quality use of antimicrobials at Te Whatu Ora Taranaki.
This is an opportunity to join a highly engaged pharmacy team with a strong emphasis on clinical service provision and quality whilst also collaborating with a wide range of teams within our District and the wider NZ healthcare team.
The Antimicrobial Pharmacist role includes:
- Taking a leading role in the AMS program in Taranaki.
- Advocating for and implementing activities that aim to improve the prescribing and quality use of antimicrobials.
- Ensuring that appropriate training/education material is available to all healthcare professionals involved in the use of antimicrobials, so that practice is current, rational and cost effective
- Ensuring consistent, high quality processes and ongoing improvements in the AMS realm at Te Whatu Ora Taranaki with an emphasis on quality improvement.
- Medicine information.
- In-service training/education.
- Medicine and AMS related guideline/protocol development and reviews.
- Medicine supply related activities including sterile/non-sterile manufacturing.
- Potential for delivery of clinical ward services to a defined area including Electronic Medicines Reconciliation on admission.
- This position involves rostered on call duties.
This position would suit a NZ Registered Pharmacist with at least 3 years experience in hospital pharmacist, who already has a relevant post graduate qualification (or is working towards one).
Te Whatu Ora Taranaki is a leader in NZ Hospital pharmacy initiatives. It has a well resourced department with a team of committed professionals. It is committed to continuing professional development and the provision of opportunities for extra study.
The department uses the e-Pharmacy Dispensing system. This is interfaced with the Pyxis automated ward dispensing and inventory system (including the CII automated controlled drug system) and the MedChart electronic prescribing system which is used on the majority of wards in the hospital. “ In addition, Te Whatu Ora Taranaki uses Orion SMT Medicines Reconciliation software.
We also have a dedicated eMedication management team within the pharmacy department which means that this position may be required to support staff involved in that area of work.
Salary level is dependent on expertise and qualifications.
Please click here for a position description.
For more information please contact Claire Barnfather on email Claire.Barnfather@tdhb.org.nz
Applications Close Sunday 9 October 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.