Undergraduate Medical Education Fellow - Fixed Term at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Medical Education Fellow for Undergraduate Training – 1.0FTE, 12-month fixed term role
Waitematā District and the University of Auckland
Waitematā District provides services to a population of more than 640,000 people and employs around 8000 staff. Our organisational values and promise statement “Best Care for Everyone” serves to inspire us to continuously improve and to provide the best care possible to each and every person, and their family.
The Medical Education Fellow roles report to the Manager of the Medical Education and Training Unit (METU) and have direct functional relationships with key stakeholders from the Waitematā Clinical Campus (UoA) and The Institute of Innovation and Improvement (i3). These roles are 12-month fixed term positions that run concurrently with the training year. They involve leading brilliant work place learning experiences for medical students and house officers at Waitematā DHB. The Fellowships include a structured leadership development programme and scope for the role to accommodate limited clinical duties.
In this position you will take a lead in:
- Interprofessional medical education, teaching and quality assurance
- Advocacy, mentoring and welfare
- Project work, change management, research or an evaluation & associated publications / reports.
You will have access to a range of development opportunities required to help build the experience, exposure and networks needed for future leader roles in health.
The candidates we are looking for will have:
- Previous teaching, coordination, management and/or leadership experience in medical education
- Experience in complex health environments and the ability to connect with others to influence change
- Have produced or contributed to publications for peer-reviewed journals
- Strong personal qualities demonstrating an understanding of emerging trends and issues in medical education
- The ability and enthusiasm for leading transformation in your field.
For a full position description click here
To be considered for this position please apply online at www.wdhbcareers.com
Closing Date: 7th Oct 2022
Job code: WDHB15206
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.