Physiotherapist - Pain Management Centre at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Fixed term, full time role (40 hours per week)
- Work within a cohesive team of multidisciplinary healthcare professionals and develop your existing skill in pain management
- Registration with the NZ Physiotherapy Board and current Annual Practicing Certificate is essential
Pain Management Centre at Burwood Hospital is a tertiary service looking for an
NZ Registered Physiotherapist who is motivated by challenging and fascinating
work with complex patients suffering chronic pain.
work within a large interdisciplinary team of doctors
(interventionists/non-interventionists), Clinical Psychologists, Occupational
Therapists, Nurses and Social Workers. Staff complete Comprehensive Pain
Assessments and treat patients through individual plans within the team or
single discipline. Group programmes are also offered by the service.
results from consistent messages about the multifactorial nature of chronic
pain - biopsychosocial, neuromatrix and neuroplasticity, etc. Physiotherapists
focus on addressing pain beliefs and fear avoidance, enabling reengagement in
life and productive activity.
This is a full time (40hr per week), role working Monday to Friday 0800-1630. Some after hours work is a requirement of the role.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing comprehensive assessment, evaluations and treatments in accordance with policies, procedures and standards of practice;
- Ensuring appropriate documentation and patient records are updated and maintained;
- Contributing to quality service provision within the OPH&R team.
Your skills will include:
- Excellent time management and communication skills with the ability to work independently;
- Proven experience in Pain Management is essential;
- Registration with the NZ Physiotherapy Board is essential, as is current Annual Practicing Certificate.
Mō mātou | About Us
'Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do'
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury the West Coast community.
The culture at Canterbury District Health Board, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value''''s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at CDHB
When you work at the Canterbury District Health Board, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at CDHB, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within the Canterbury District Health Board.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.