Senior Advisor, Engagement at Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Advisor, Engagement
Are you looking for a role that has variety, is challenging, requires great relationship management skills and is part of a small and committed team at the heart of New Zealand's national security system - then this could be for you. We are looking for two talented and energetic community engagement practitioners who want to be at the forefront of delivering and building government's engagement capability on national security.
The Royal Commission of Inquiry Response Team sits within the National Security Group, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. Our team supports the government's response to the Royal Commission of Inquiry into the March 15 terrorist attack on Christchurch masjidain (RCOI) through inter-agency coordination, and by improving the government's engagement with the public on national security issues. Our role is to assist with the design and planning of public engagement events on national security issues with key stakeholders including Māori, communities and public sector agencies as required. We also provide support and expertise across NSG to support the delivery of engagement best practice.
The Senior Advisor's key responsibilities are:
- Designing and delivering successful engagement projects for a range of stakeholder and community groups
- Lead the coordination and development of RCOI cross-agency engagement community of practice and other inter-agency groups as required
- Delivers and provides excellent oral and plain English written communication material which is able to persuade and inspire
- Provide high quality community engagement focused communication advice
- Provides specialist engagement advice to NSG teams to assist in lifting public engagement expertise and delivery
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to manage relationships at a senior level across DMPC and with Ministers offices
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with government and non-government stakeholders
- Leads and contributes to longer-term engagement and relationship management strategies and plans
- Anticipates Minister and Senior officials' requirements in order to deliver policy products that allow for timely and effective decision making. This includes the delivery of documents such as Aide Memoires, Briefings and other support material to Ministers and seniors' officials
What are we looking for?
You will be familiar with engagement best practice (i.e. IAP2) and comfortable helping lead, plan and support kanohi-ki-kanohi and on-line engagements. You will be someone who is able to pivot quickly and turn your hand to whatever challenges come along. Along with excellent community engagement skills, we are looking for candidates that have skills/experience in one or more of the following areas: stakeholder communications; experience in producing policy products, and project management skills/experience.
All DPMC roles are flexible by default and a positive work life balance is encouraged.
To be eligible for this position, you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively, you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for at least 10 years.
For more information
Please email Shane Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close at 12pm on 30th September 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Snr Advisor Engagement RCOI Aug 2022.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.