Senior Systems & Reporting Accountant at Callaghan Innovation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te kāinga iho pūmanawa - A Place Where Talent Wants to Live
- Flexibility on location of work (Wellington CBD or Gracefield, Lower Hutt)
- Base salary + KiwiSaver + Laptop + Mobile Phone
- Hybrid/WFH - Flexible working and good work-life balance
About the Role
We're looking for a senior Finance guru to join our team based in Wellington as our Senior Systems & Reporting Accountant. It's an exciting time to join our team as we embark on moving to an agile way of working. In this role you will work closely with our Group Financial Controller and Financial Controller Business Performance to ensure our Financial Management Information Systems are maintained so we can provide quality, accurate and meaningful financial data to our key stakeholders. In this role you will work across the organisation and will be relied on to provide trusted advice to our business groups.
You will also have the opportunity to be involved in the digital transformation of the Finance space as we endeavour to streamline our processes and utilise new digital tools and systems to provide a smooth and efficient experience for our internal and external customers.
To excel in this role, you will;
- Role model our organisation's behaviours, along with the Te Tiriti O Waitangi principles, that enable a diverse and inclusive workforce to thrive
- Previous experience working in an agile environment is advantageous
- Be focused on providing excellent customer service
- Have strong technical financial acumen and knowledge of machinery of government
- Have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Be digitally savvy with previous experience maintaining Financial Management Information Systems
- Have an appetite for variety, with a growth mindset
- Be on the lookout for opportunities for business and/or process improvements
- Have a positive attitude and interpersonal skills which will enable you to develop and maintain great working relationships
- Have leadership qualities to take ownership of the role and coach and mentor others
Callaghan Innovation is New Zealand's innovation agency. It is also a Crown Entity. We activate innovation and help businesses grow faster for a better New Zealand. Our staff - including more than 200 of New Zealand's leading scientists and engineers - empower innovators by connecting people, opportunities, and networks, and providing tailored technical solutions, skills and capability development programmes, and grants co-funding.
We also enhance the operation of New Zealand's innovation ecosystem, working closely with MBIE, NZTE, NZVIF, Crown Research Institutes, and other organisations that help increase business investment in R&D and innovation. Our people operate from five urban offices and a regional partner network in a further 12 locations across Aotearoa
To learn more about us. Follow this link: https://www.callaghaninnovation.govt.nz/
If you're up for the challenge, we'll reward you with responsibility, variety, and a chance to be part of an organisation that's on the road to amazing things.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close: Thursday 29th September 2022
Please note that we will be interviewing candidates as they come through.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or refer to the Capability Profile attached.
Callaghan Innovation is committed to protecting the health, safety, and well-being of all our employees. We have a COVID-19 vaccination policy that is under regular review as Government recommendations and requirements transpire.
We value inclusivity and diversity at Callaghan Innovation. We know that candidates from neurodiverse and underrepresented backgrounds often only apply for roles if they meet all of the criteria. We like to make our hiring decisions based on more than just your previous job experience and qualifications, so if you're keen to apply but are not sure you meet all of the requirements or need additional support please let us know. We also encourage you to advise us of the pronouns you use at any point during the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Senior Systems and Reporting Accountant Profile.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.