DevOps Engineer at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Our job is to act as an accelerator - while other teams are focused on what they are delivering, we look at how we are doing it and where we can make it better. So, what do we actually do? We develop CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps and Actions in GitHub, we make things faster through automation (think Terraform & Packer), developing test frameworks, shifting security left, integrating different tools for a seamless user experience, implementing DevOps Practices and questioning legacy processes.
Starting Salary will be between $81,636 and $115,251. Starting Salary will depend on skills and experience of the successful applicant.
As a DevOps Engineer you will:
- Be customer-focused and directly engage with our customers; identify customer pain points and solve real customer problems
- Provide feedback and technical mentorship to the team, encouraging best practices; share knowledge within the team and wider teams; role model technical and value-driven behaviours
- Support teams migrating from legacy processes and systems onto Azure DevOps, navigating a large enterprise with evolving governance structures
- Contribute to the strategic direction of DevOps at ACC
What we are looking for from you to be successful in this role:
- Extensive experience as a DevOps Engineer, CloudOps Engineer (preferably Azure Cloud) or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience automating build and release pipelines in a cloud environment, preferably using Azure DevOps Services or GitHub, Infrastructure as Code and container services such as Kubernetes & Docker
- Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical abilities, and the ability to produce well-structured and easily understood documentation
- A strong desire to automate processes, build software tools, and create infrastructure-as-code solutions in a DevOps environment
- Ability to drive innovation and adopt new ways of working
Working at ACC:
With ACC, you'll be supporting people in Aotearoa to stay safe by minimising the incidence and impact of injury, as well as helping them recover from injury if an accident does happen. Join us - an organisation that grew out of bold thinking and has an enduring commitment to care for others at work, home and play.
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours.
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga.
For a detailed position description click here
Application will close Sunday the 2nd of October 2022
Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Career Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.