Knowledge and Information Adviser at Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Support users to access and make use of their information and knowledge
- Make a difference in a global organisation that values its knowledge
- Permanent full time role - flexible hours and some work from home days negotiable
Contribute to information literacy and training, and manage our physical and digital information and data assets.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
The Ministry really values its knowledge, information and data assets.
In this role you will join a collaborative and friendly team of professionals who are proactively working to grow the Ministry’s ability to access and make effective use of these assets in all their forms, through quality advice, training and guidance, and the provision and maintenance of information and records management systems and processes.
To give you an idea, here are some of the things you would be doing in this role:
- Using your knowledge and information management skills to support and advise users, online and in person
- Delivering information and records management training through a range of methods
- Appraising and disposing of records in all their forms
- Working across MFAT to assess the use of knowledge and information systems against established policy, processes and standards
- Applying your knowledge and skills to maintain and improve the quality of knowledge and information systems and processes
Have a look at the position description here to find out more
The appointment range for this role is $63,000 - $79,000 total remuneration including employer contribution to Kiwisaver. The salary you are offered within that range will depend on your on your experience however we tend to appoint around the mid-point $69,000.
Please note: This is not a Foreign Policy/diplomatic role. This is a ‘Corporate’ role (known here as a Specialist role) based in central Wellington, NZ.
While it is not usual for specialist staff to be ‘posted’ outside of NZ, from time to time a specialist role overseas becomes available at one of our embassies, high commissions, missions or consulates. To be considered for one of these positions you will need to apply and be considered via a competitive recruitment process.
If you have an interest in an MFAT foreign policy career you will be welcome to apply for this either via our graduate recruitment or mid-level foreign policy recruitment campaigns.
Mā wai te mahi nei? – Who are we looking for?
We’d like to hear from you if you are an information management professional with a ‘can do’ attitude and a strong customer service focus.
In particular we will be looking for you to demonstrate the following on your application:
- A tertiary qualification in information management (or similar, plus at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role)
- Experience applying good practice information and records management processes and mechanisms
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work collaboratively and flexibly in a supportive and welcoming team
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Aorere - Why MFAT?
We are committed to a focus on leadership, talent, training and development, and flexible work options. Check out our benefits page to find out more about why we love working here.
We are also working to grow the diversity of our workforce and the inclusive nature of our workplace. Click on our diversity and inclusion page to find out more.
Mō mātou - About us
Our people represent New Zealand on and offshore, and in doing so make New Zealanders safer and more prosperous. By building connections with and influencing other countries and international institutions, we advance New Zealand’s interests and pursue New Zealand's values. We provide advice to the Government on the implications for New Zealand of what is happening in the world.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - To Apply/Interested?
Apply online today with your CV and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please email Barry Howard on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate NZ Government security clearance.
Use this online tool to self-check your eligibility for a Top Secret security clearance. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process
Applications close at 12pm on 2/10/2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Information / Records Management|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.