Operations Manager, Auckland North/West (fixed term/secondment, until November 2 at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Lead and support the teams responsible for local tenancy and property teams to ensure delivery of world class public housing to Kāinga Ora customers
- Senior leadership role | Opportunity to make a difference in our communities | Flexible Auckland location
- Full time, fixed term/secondment opportunity (until November 2023) at $202,329 salary + 5 weeks' annual leave (pro rata)
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Operations Manager leads teams of people to deliver world class public housing to Kāinga Ora customers. They are responsible for leading and supporting local tenancy and property teams, ensuring that national frameworks and approaches are applied consistently, and resolving issues that have been escalated to them.
This important role will lead and support teams who undertake day-to-day management of public housing across the Auckland region to achieve sustainable tenancies.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Demonstrated experience leading high achieving and empathetic operational teams at a senior level, with a customer-centric approach
- Ability to fairly balance competing priorities and interests and make timely decisions to support issue resolution
- Knowledge of local, regional and national supports to achieve sustainable tenancies, as well as a sound understanding of tenancy/property management
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Interest in public sector structure, governance, processes and systems.
Please note that this role necessitates working across our three Auckland North/West offices (New Lynn, Henderson and Takapuna) as well as our Auckland Regional Office in Newmarket.
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Sunday 2 October 2022.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.