Executive Assistant to the Deputy Secretaries of the Cabinet at Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
About us | Ko wai mātou
The Cabinet Office is part of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPMC). Cabinet Office provides secretariat services to Cabinet and Cabinet committees and undertakes a range of other functions to support the effective conduct of executive government in New Zealand.
About this role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
We are looking for a suitably motivated and experienced candidate to join the Cabinet Office's team as Executive Assistant to the two Deputy Secretaries of the Cabinet. The purpose of this role is to provide timely, responsive and high quality EA and secretarial support to the Deputy Secretaries, business support for the Honours Unit and a broad range of essential support and administrative duties across the office.
Key responsibilities include:
- EA and secretarial support such as diary management and meeting organisation, preparation of material for meetings including Cabinet, and financial and HR administration
- Preparation of regular weekly documents in relation to Cabinet meetings
- Data entry for Honours nominations and acknowledgement letters
- Managing onboarding of new staff, maintaining email distribution lists, liaising with other agencies on the Parliamentary complex
The salary range for this role is $63,788 - $70,876.
About you | Ko wai koe
Key attributes required to be successful include:
- High level of secretarial skills and proven experience in planning and providing high quality support services to senior management
- Ability to focus on multiple issues, to prioritise, and to work to tight deadlines
- Proven customer service orientation with the ability to deliver accurate, timely and quality products
- High levels of judgement, discretion, confidentiality and tact
- High standard of keyboard and standard office software skills and the ability to learn, use and adapt to new computer technologies
- Willingness to demonstrate and uphold DPMC's values
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a national security clearance at Top Secret level.
For further information about the role (including security clearance requirements) please review the job description online or contact Kathleen.Lambert@dpmc.govt.nz.
How to apply | Me pehea te tono
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply online.
Applications close at 23:55am on 2 October 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||CAB - 2022 - EA to the Deputy Secretaries of the Cabinet (September 2022).pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.