Therapy Assistant - (Permanent, Part-Time) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Start your career in health care or develop it further within the Allied Health specialties
- Play a key part in delivering high quality care to our service users
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for an energetic, motivated Therapy Assistant to join our Allied Health Therapy team based at Greenlane Clinical Centre. This is permanent, part – time (24 hours/week) position. This role will see you working as part of a large team supporting our Allied Health Therapists to deliver best practice care to clients.
- Implementing delegated intervention plans for client care
- Assist our therapists to help clients / patients achieve their rehabilitation goals
- Working 1:1 with clients / patients and facilitating group sessions
- Collaborate with team members and other work groups to achieve our service objectives
- Proactively assist with equipment tracking and general cleaning of equipment
- Work on developing positive working relationships with our clients / patients, whānau / family
- Assist with general administrative tasks as required
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
You will join an excellent team of Allied Health practitioners. As the ideal person for this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- National Certificate in Health, Disability and Aged Support (Health Assistant)-Rehabilitation Strand (Level 3) or equivalent (Not essential but desirable)
- Proven experience working as a Therapy Assistant or other relevant healthcare setting
- Current full, clean New Zealand drivers license
- Sound computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- An understanding of bicultural issues and commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary setting
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For more information about this role please contact Hannah Zuhir (Clinical Lead - Physiotherapy) on HannahZ@adhb.govt.nz
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Friday, 30 September 2022 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #GRE00466 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.