Aviation Security Officer - Auckland (Full-Time) at Civil Aviation Authority of NZ, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Civil Aviation Authority and the Aviation Security Service offer distinctively different career opportunities and embrace diverse talent. All jobs at the Authority contribute to ensuring safe and secure skies to help New Zealand fly.
The Civil Aviation Authority is the regulatory arm of our organisation and the Aviation Security Service is the nationwide provider for aviation security.
Aviation Security Officer (Full-Time)
The Aviation Security Service (AvSec) is hiring Aviation Security Officers to join our Auckland Airport team for November/December 2022 start dates.
About the role
- Working at our organisation, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to safe and secure skies for Aotearoa
- Aviation Security Officers work 8.5 hours per day during a 6-days on, 3-days off shift pattern
- Start times across the six-day shift cycle will vary due to operational demands, such as flight schedule
- Carry out hold baggage and pre-flight security screening of departing passengers and their belongings
- Perform mobile, foot and static patrols in assigned areas
- Carry out hazard inspections of runways and other operational areas including navigational installations
- Liaise with other airport agencies
As a safety regulator, the Civil Aviation Authority exists to enable safe flight for social connections, and economic benefit for New Zealand. We believe in keeping people safe and secure in the air, enabling participation in the aviation system, and making a difference to New Zealand aviation. We achieve this through regulatory oversight of the aviation industry and frontline security at our airports.
AvSec is the Government provider of aviation security in New Zealand, operating at our six major airports: Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Queenstown, Invercargill and Dunedin. Aviation security in New Zealand and around the world is changing rapidly.
The Authority embraces diversity and is committed to providing an inclusive environment where our people feel respected, safe, and valued for their unique contribution.
- Me mahi tahi – Collaboration
We work together to achieve and succeed.
- Me mahi pono – Transparency
We are open and honest communicators.
- Me mahi tika – Integrity
We do the right thing.
- Me manaaki – Respect
We treat all people with consideration and kindness.
- Kia tū rangatira ai – Professionalism
We act in a way that brings credit to ourselves and our organisation.
Why join us?
We invest in our people by supporting growth and development within the organisation. To support the health and wellbeing of our employees we offer flu vaccinations, annual eye tests and contributions towards eyewear.
What do you need?
- Must be willing to have regular Covid-19 tests and continue to be fully-vaccinated for your own health; and the health, safety and wellbeing of colleagues, friends, family and the wider community
- Must be medically and physically fit and willing to undertake a medical assessment by a licensed practitioner
- Must be able to work a shift pattern of 6 days on and 3 days off
- Must be a New Zealand citizen or resident
- Must have a full clean New Zealand driver's licence
Due to the requirements of the role those with colour vision deficiencies, recent serious injuries or criminal convictions will not be considered.
If you have applied for this role with us in the last 12 months, we ask you not to apply again unless your ability to meet the requirements of the role have significantly changed in that timeframe.
Please take a look at the position description for this role to find out if you have the relevant skills and experience – and apply now!
As well as full-time opportunities, part-time hours can be requested by successful candidates at the conclusion of our recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 3 October 2022 at 11.59 pm.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Civil Aviation Authority of NZ|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.