HR Advisor at The Treasury, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a developing HR Advisor to join our supportive People & Wellbeing team. Working in our People Operations Team and reporting to the Head of HR Operations, this position is focused on enabling the Treasury through its people to be a high-performing organisation.
- Support the development & delivery of HR services, policies, practices and strategies
- Great exposure to a range of HR activities and projects
- An opportunity to add-value at the heart of central government
- Work with a fun and dedicated team of HR professionals with the opportunity to grow
- Permanent position, Wellington based
Mō mātou | About Us
- At Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, we are committed to Tiakitanga to make Aotearoa a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand's finances and are the Government's trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders.
Kōrero mō te tūranga | About the Role
Managing HR workflows, producing and reviewing documentation, answering day to day HR queries and working with our Senior HR Advisors and HR Business Partners, you will provide HR coordination, policy advice and support across the Treasury. There is also scope to work on a range of strategic initiatives which will enable the Treasury to meet its current and future capability requirements.
- Connect and build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Implement modern and innovative solutions and enhancements to systems, tools, processes and approaches
- Support and participate in a range of continuous improvement projects and initiatives
- Support and learn as you contribute to a range of cyclical activities such as remuneration reviews, reward and recognition programmes, wellbeing iniatives, policy reviews, promotion assessment rounds
Ō pūmanawa | About You
We are looking for someone who has started their HR advisory career and is ready for a change and a new challenge. An developing HR professional, you will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and be excited to innovate and utilise technology to get the best possible results.
In addition, you'll also bring:
- HR experience with the ability to see a big-picture view, learn quickly and identify ways to improve
- Knowledge of the New Zealand employment legislation, payroll requirements and exposure to recruitment practices
- Experience with HR workflow and ATS systems and technology
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills to clearly communicate to a wide range of people
- The ability to work, collaborate, and build strong relationships with a range of people across the organisation delivering to a high standard
- An understanding of how the public service operates and how to achieve in an ever-changing environment
- A passionate, dependable and conscientious approach to work activities
Ko ngā hua | What we Offer
- The opportunity to work in a supportive and high-performing team and internal opportunities across the organisation
- An environment where excellence is recognised, and staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential
- A workplace that values diversity and inclusion and recognises the value of your lived experiences
- Flexible work arrangements and encouragement to enjoy a positive work/life balance with and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- 5 weeks annual leave for permanent full-time employees (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Salary $75,000-85,000, depending on qualifications and experience
We are flexible by default, with the opportunity of up to 2 days work from home after an initial two-month training and induction period.
If you are a Wizz at the daily quiz, wordle and heardle - we especially want to hear from you!
Tono mai ināianei | Apply Now
Please contact Emma MacRae for a korero about this role if interested (Head of People Operations) Emma.MacRae@treasury.govt.nz
Rā kati | Applications close: Sunday 9th October. All applications must be made online. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||[Job Description] HR Advisor, January 2021.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.